Sunday, January 3, 2016

Arigato Becomes Maggie~Part Two

So...where were we????
Oooh! well I waited for several days and was finally approved.
Now for the trip to the Detroit area. I got up early on Dec. 9th and headed out. I drove to Fort Wayne, Indiana the first day. Dec. 10th I headed to the Detroit suburb to meet with the foster mom, sign adoption papers and finally get my new furbaby.
This was the welcoming sight when I arrived at the foster home.
After a quick visit, I was back on the road. That day, I drove to the east side of Indianapolis. Found a hotel that allowed dogs and spent my first night with the scared lil girl that was now my furbaby. The next day, I got up and drove home. Long trip!!!
Lucy and me, on the deck, trying to encourage Arigato to come outside with us. Well Lucy was actually checking the yard for squirrels and/or vicious rabbits.
Now remember, Arigato is 8 years old and never been outside or gone through doors or stairs or played in grass...so everything is very scary for her.


 Tiny timid steps...just to come outside to be with me. Just breaks my heart to see this lil baby so scared and yet still so trusting, but ~ she did it.
We changed her name to Maggie...doesn't she look like a Maggie???
Today is Jan. 2nd, 2016, and she's been here since Dec. 12th. She is trying so hard to be the perfect baby...she is almost completely housebroken, goes down the deck steps by herself, but still has to have me in sight and near at all times.
She finally ran, the other day...so funny. Lucy is a hunter and can run like the wind~Maggie runs like a doe. Her head is up and kind of prances rather than a hard run.
So...with lots of love, I welcome Maggie into my life and heart...
ommm

14 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Maggie is a lucky girl to have found her Forever Home with you and Lucy. Congratulations to all!

ellen abbott said...

she looks very sweet. soon she will be giving Lucy a run for her money.

One Fly said...

Good on you TMoon!!

turquoisemoon said...

Debra, Oooh she's the sweetest little girl. Thank you!!!

Ellen, She is very sweet. I hope that she soon realizes that this is her forever home.

Fly, Thanks!!! I think she's going to fit in... She's got "treats" down already! hahaha

Out on the prairie said...

glad she was taught well from your dog. Sad to hear of her abuse.

turquoisemoon said...

Steve, Lucy has been a big help~sometimes~ And then, sometimes she's a tad jealous.

Arkansas Patti said...

God bless her and God bless you. Not many would take on the challenge of a damaged dog. I do wish puppy mill owners would get the maximum penalties. Maggie fits her.

turquoisemoon said...

Patti, Thank you...Maggie is so precious and tries so hard to be perfect. I hurt for other puppy mill furbabies. Their lives are so sad. I'm just lucky to have one, in my life, to pamper and spoil. I'm glad you like her name...it really fits her. We're now calling her Maggie Moo...hahaha

Manzanita said...

Boy oh boy, you sure are the sweetie to take in this neglected puppy. (I call all of them puppies)
And especially at that age. I think most people consider that old, for a dog. I definitely don't. Such a tough
screening to go through. I'm wondering what kind of diet they want you to use but of course you already
knew all of this because of Lucy.

All the best to you and your two babies in this New Year.

turquoisemoon said...

Manzanita, Yes, it is a tough screening~thankfully! There's lots of evil people adopting and then using them for bait for fighting dogs. Very scary....

Angelina Pratt said...

Adorable. May you have many wonderful years with your new furbaby. :)

turquoisemoon said...

Thank you, Angelina...

barbara judge said...

Glad to read this blog about saving this gentle lady from a life in a pen. You are a good person. -- barbara

turquoisemoon said...

Barbara, she's so sweet...I'm lucky to have her in my family.