Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Fingers xxx'd

Bone on Bone arthritis in my right knee...Ugh! 
It just hurts so bad.
Deep down this is what I thought. I've been babying it since May, then fell on it a couple of weeks ago. I did not drop my camera though...hahaha
Trying some steroid injections and if that doesn't work~knee replacement.
I loved it when this baby faced doctor told me that if I was his mother, he would suggest...   hahaha! had to laugh even through the pain. Sheesh, this gettin old is tough. Then there's that old saying ~ "It's better than the alternative."

So what did they do for stuff like this back in the olden days???
Is this when old men and women "took to the bottle"? 
Is this when the tribe would just leave them behind??? to die...they became a burden...
What movie was it that when the old Indian husband died and left his grandmotherly wife alone, the other women in the tribe took all her belongings??? That's it ~ Richard Harris in A Man Called Horse. Anyway he adopted the ole gal and she got to live for awhile longer.
Well I'm not quite up for adoption and feeling a tad bit more optimistic. 
Keeping fingers xxx'd that the injections work.
ommmm

10 comments:

Shaharoh said...

Hang in there. I would laugh too if a doctor told me that - although I don't have any children, so perhaps he would say "If you were my daughter..." blah, blah, blah. He probably uses that on all of his patients. They need to tell him to stop saying that, in my opinion. I hope you feel better or find something to ease the pain. xoxo

turquoisemoon said...

Hi Shaharoh!!! Well it's just better knowing for sure what the problem is and having a plan. My first injection was 2 hours ago and already the radiating/stinging heat has let up a bit...yay!!!

Linda Starr said...

good to have a diagnosis, even if it's from " what I'd recommend..."

turquoisemoon said...

Linda, Yes...it's good to have a plan. He said that the pain should subside in a few days...whew!!!

Out on the prairie said...

Sometimes the injections give some relief. Replacement makes it perfect, have a friend in this week having it done. That is a long time to suffer.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Yeah, when did they start letting teenagers be doctors? These days they all look like Doogie Howser. I hope those injections work and give you some much-needed relief!

turquoisemoon said...

Steve, We'll see how this goes. One thing, for sure, I'm so glad that I live in times when relief and repair is possible. I can't imagine how the past generations must have suffered.

Debra, Ooh he was so young looking...I hope so too. Better this morning but I still feel it. He said it might take a couple of days and we might have to do it again. fingers xxx'd.

Arkansas Patti said...

Hope those injections give you some relief but those new knees can be quite successful. I had an 80 year old friend who had both done and got around great.
Sure glad we don't live in the old days when the sick got kicked to the curb.

turquoisemoon said...

Patti, I hope so too... I was expecting more relief today and it's really not here yet. I do feel somewhat better, but so much more is needed. We are so fortunate that we live in these times when relief is possible.

ellen abbott said...

hope they work for you. another friend just had her knee replaced and the PT is a tough go.