Thursday, March 5, 2015

Problems While Out Doing Photography

Why even try to diet???
 I went to Independence, Mo to shoot Vaile Mansion.
After leaving the mansion, I looked around for other interesting sites and found this.
Clinton's Soda Fountain on the Independence Square is a real historic gem!  Harry Truman worked his first job at Crown Drug Store in this very building.  Stop by and see what an authentic Soda Fountain can be and don't forget to try our phosphates, ice cream, candy, pastries, coffee and so much more!!
When I go someplace and take pictures, I always feel obligated to buy a little something, so I bought this.
OOooh...it was the best Turtle Sundae I've ever had in my life and it was huge.  I'd love to say that I didn't eat all of it, but I went face down in this thing and only came up for air.
 This is Vaile Mansion and the only decent shot I got.
I'd say that I worked pretty daggum hard for this photo...wouldn't you??? hahaha
ommmmm

10 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That sundae . . . that sundae . . . OMG!

Out on the prairie said...

Yum, I love finding treasures like this.

Linda Starr said...

I have never had a phosphate but if I did I'd love to have one there. Great photo log.

TravelBug Susan said...

Now that looks like a perfect day in my book! Love the mansion in black and white, reminds me of the Addams Family on TV.

turquoisemoon said...

Debra, It was wonderful...the very best ever. Real whipped cream and topped with a cherry. Wonderful!

Steve, It was indeed a treasure and I'll be going back very soon.

Linda, I've never had one either. I might try one next time...oooh no...I'll order the sundae again. hahaha!

Susan, It was a fun day. They say the mansion is haunted???

ellen abbott said...

modern life has lost so many things...like soda fountains. I don't think anyone knows how to make a real banana split anymore.

Cathy Sherman said...

Yeah, photography expeditions definitely have their downsides -- tasty sundaes! I just ate lunch, but now I'm suddenly craving something sweet, topped with whipped cream! I say you did your job as a photographer, Lynn. So real, so tempting, so beautiful!

turquoisemoon said...

Ellen, This place made old fashioned banana splits...and just as I remembered. 3 flavors of ice cream, toppings included chocolate, pineapple & strawberry. Whipped cream and a cherry on each dip of ice cream. Ooh and the flavors were chocolate, vanilla and strawberry. yummmm....

Catherine, Too bad you weren't with me on this photo trip. My granddaughter was there and she had a chocolate float.

barbara judge said...

That turtle sundae was my favorite photo -- so delicious and sharp -- one could reach in and scoop it up! Nice photos -- barbara

turquoisemoon said...

Thank you Barbara!!!