Friday, December 26, 2014

A Christmas Present

She was so happy when all the kids showed up.
She followed them around...waiting for someone to play with her.
She tried to sit on anyone's lap.
She looked up at all of us to tell her what a good girl she was or reach down and pet her.
She roamed around the table for someone to sneak her a treat.
She thought she was helping and was a happy girl when I handed out all the presents.
With happy eyes, she laid down beside me when I gave her a carefully decorated present.
And just like the others, she happily played with her new toy.

Lucy knew when I handed her the sack that it was hers.
She knew there was something in there especially for her...
Maybe because it was scented with her special gourmet doggie treats??? I don't know???
But she actually pulled her toy and treat bag out of the gift sack and played quietly with her new baby.
She brings me so much joy and I was happy making her happy.
Now that is gift giving...
ommmm

6 comments:

Linda Starr said...

what a sweet Lucy story

Out on the prairie said...

I didn't get much for my pups. All of us were bad and didn't fair very well. HA!

One Fly said...

Very nice and I remember what your thoughts were at the beginning of this relationship. Working out quite nicely.

turquoisemoon said...

Linda,She was certainly a wild baby, but is maturing in to such a good girl.

Steve, Well Lucy was a good girl. She got a new baby (already destroyed) and some canine gourmet cookies.

Fly...Terrors (oops Terriers) are not for everybody. But if you're able to hand in there till they're 2 or 3, they are the best...

Manzanita said...

How sweet. you have a "love-bundle." We (Cody and I) were at my son's house for Christmas and all their guests always bring their dogs. One Rhodesian Ridgback wasn't too receptive to Cody's presence but Cody held her own, especially when it was treat time. Haha

turquoisemoon said...

Manzanita, Lucy is finally maturing. She turned two last September and is now becoming the best lil girl in the world. I love her so....