Sunday, November 9, 2014

Horse Show Dogs

At horse shows you will see dogs, lots of them.
Each owner thinks their dog is special...and they are!
 Beggars
 Nappers
 Searchers
 Waiting
 Just cute
 Even cuter
 Won't look at you
 Can't take their eyes off you
Bored
It's American Royal time in KC.
So far this year, I've been to the Quarter Horse Show and the Cutting Horse Show
I used to show quarter horses and one thing I noticed is that these "horse" people love their dogs.  They spend almost every weekend competing and away from home. Bringing your dog with you is like bringing a piece of "home" with you and is comforting.
I see more and more people taking their dogs with them...everywhere. I love taking my Lucy with me and honestly, she's a good girl when out and about.
Here's a list of stores that welcome dogs.
Gap, Bloomingdale's, Urban Outfitters, Anthropologie, Free People, Foot Locker, Bebe, Old Navy, Saks Fifth Ave., Tractor Supply, Lowe's, Home Depot, Bass Pro, Lush Cosmetics, Pottery Barn, Macy's, Barns and Noble, Restoration Hdwe., Nordstrom, Petsmart.
I used to work at Bass Pro and loved to see dogs come in.
Most were well trained...sit, heel, stay, beg, down, quiet and much more.
Children, however, were a different story...
ommmm


13 comments:

Linda Starr said...

never would have suspected that many dogs at a horse show, they all have their own personalities

Out on the prairie said...

Mine that have a carrier fits in front of me and have shopped the best of stores. Love the horse shows, we used to go to a lot.

turquoisemoon said...

Linda, Oooh yes, there's lots of dogs at the shows and I never saw one behaving badly.

Steve, I have a seat in the car for Lucy. She goes almost everywhere with me. I don't take her on vacations with me, and I miss her so badly when I'm gone.

One Fly said...

Another can of worms TMoon.

turquoisemoon said...

Fly, hahaha...is was on facebook too!

Arkansas Patti said...

Aww, what a grand bunch of dogs. Like your cute tags also. Quite fitting. Love it when people include their pets in their activities. It is only fair.

turquoisemoon said...

Patti, I posted this list on facebook and one person said, "I wish people would leave their pets at home." But she's one of those people that complains about everything/everyone. Then the dog lovers started in. One posted that she wished people would leave their crying, screaming kids at home. hahaha Honestly, I try not to post anything controversial on facebook because there's so many argumentative people on there. Sometimes I think I'm about "done" with facebook.

photowannabe said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment.
I enjoyed looking at your posts too. I will return.

turquoisemoon said...

Photowannabe, Thank you for dropping by my blog. I'll be back to visit again.

E. Angelina said...


Indeed they are part of the family. The older a dog gets, the more interwoven they become with the family. Your pictures capture the uniqueness of each dog.

turquoisemoon said...

E. Angelina, I love the doggies and it was so much fun taking their photos.

Cathy Sherman said...

Love the dog photos! You have really captured their personalities. As you know, I can't stop photographing dogs (and cats) myself. They are irresistible. We are two of a pair.

turquoisemoon said...

Cathy, Yes!!! We certainly are two of a pair. It's been so much fun having you as a photo pal...