Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Go K. C. Royals!!!

 It's been awhile since I've posted.
I've had a busy summer, filled with friends and photography and photography friends.
Sometimes a person just needs a break to do new things and that's what I did. 
Some new and some of the same ole, same ole.
I'll have to read my own posts to see where I left off, but in the meantime, I'll just start with today.
Go Royals!!!
K.C. has turned blue. My pics really look a tad purple don't they??? oooh well...
My photo pal and I went out and photographed Union Station and some of the area "blue" fountains. Gosh, we didn't get home till about 11:00. This is late for this ole gal. I normally don't stay up that late anymore.
I'm having so much fun takin pics...it's just changed my life so much. Maybe I just view things differently???
I've also joined a photography club...now, I'm normally not a clubby person, but so far they're fun and helpful. I'll be real honest here...like I said, I'm normally not a clubby person. I've joined some in the past. They've listed their objective and it would normally pertain to the craft or whatever. Somewhere, sometime, somebody suggests that we make/do/ a group project to help the poor/needy in the area. Then they argue about who gets what, which church, how much to donate, what to make, who's doing what and this goes on and on till I quit the group. I joined for me...selfish as that sounds. I wanted to associate with people who knit or paint or read or fish or hike or whatever. I just wanted to associate with people who had similar hobbies. I wanted to share recipes, books, patterns and ideas. I always felt creepy when I quit, but dang... I read their club objective and never saw where we would knit (for example) for a month or so for another persons church.  OOoh gosh I'm back and ranting right off the git-go...hahaha!!!
Maybe I'll need another break...???? hahaha
ommmm
 “Act without expectation.”
Lao Tzu



13 comments:

Arkansas Patti said...

Welcome back and I agree, go Royals. Since my Marlins are home watching, I needed a dog in the World Series fight. I picked the Royals for they have the most former Marlins (3) on their team. I root for my guys no matter where they go.

turquoisemoon said...

Patti, Hi...good to hear from you. Yep...Let's go Royals!!!

Out on the prairie said...

Nice to hear from you, it has been a busy summer

One Fly said...

Yo TMoon!!! I'm with you all the way and KC and ST.L can kiss - - - - oh never mind.

ellen abbott said...

I'm not a joiner either. I've tried a few times but like you say, too much discussion and not enough action. I don't generally last very long.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Great to hear from you again and yes, go Royals! Enjoy the series!

turquoisemoon said...

Hi Steve...good to hear from you. Did you have a busy summer too? I'll have to catch up on my reading.

Fly...hahaha! The Royals won so now it'll really go blue around here. Gotta get my camera snappin...

Ellen, I have my own charities that I donate to, work on, etc. I join clubs to work on crafts and meet people with similar interests. When they subject me to their pet charities, I balk. I'll donate some money, but I joined the club to learn and share. I hope this camera club just keeps on snapping pics and leaves all the other stuff to the knitters group that I quit...hahaha

Debra...Yay!!!! Royals are going to the World Series.

Dee said...

Dear Turquoisemoon, good to see you back. Winning eight games in a row certainly does show that the Royals are the hottest team in baseball today. I'm so looking forward to the game next Tuesday here in Kansas City. Peace.

turquoisemoon said...

Hi Dee...I'm so proud of them! It's been fun driving around the city and seeing all the "royal blue" lighting and fountains.

Cathy Sherman said...

Great to see you here again! Great photos!

Yes, that was a fun adventure photographing the blue buildings and fountains. I thought Union station looked purple, too, at first and wondered whether it was in honor of K-State, ha, ha.

I haven't done much with my photos from that night. Your fountain water is golden, mine is kind of silvery blah...

As you've said, now is the time to photograph when the weather is pleasant. Winter will be here soon enough, and we can hunker down and edit our photographic treasures. (At least I hope there are more treasures than trash.)

I'm not a big joiner, either, especially to go out at night, unless it's a photo field trip!

turquoisemoon said...

Hi Cathy...didn't I just see you this morning??? hahaha Yep, we need to keep going out as long as the weather holds. We can edit alllll winter.

Linda Myers said...

Nice to see a post from you. Glad you had a good summer.

turquoisemoon said...

Thank you Linda...good to hear from you too.