Monday, February 3, 2014

Homework is the Color Blue

Last week, my photography instructor assigned "blue" as our homework.
I did this one and several more to turn in. I've had several people look at this and think it was a real truck. Well it's real...but it's actually a small model truck that I found at a local antique mall.
It's winter and there's no way I could be confused as an outdoor photographer.
It's been cold and snowy and icy, so I've just been staying fairly close to home and indoors.
 While at the antique mall I spotted "me" in one of the mirrors in one of the booths.
hmmmm just another ole antique!
The class is super fun and I'm learning so much. This week we're supposed to go on a field trip. We're going to try to get pics of the Kansas City skyline. Right now, they're calling for 6 to 8 inches of snow. I hope it holds off till after the class. I'd really like to get a good pic of  K.C.
ommm 

10 comments:

Kittie Howard said...

My grandmother used to joke that one antique (her) in her house was enough. Hope your trip to KC works out. That's a lot of snow you're getting.

turquoisemoon said...

Hi Kittie, I agree with your grandmother. I love going to antique malls, but don't have any in my house...cept me! hahaha

Debra She Who Seeks said...

You're not an antique! Just a collectible!

turquoisemoon said...


Debra, Yes, you're right! Vintage and classic and collectible do sound a tad better.

One Fly said...

You need all the snow you can get. Winter doldrums are around.

Out on the prairie said...

Your class sounds fun, I have taught a few for the county.

turquoisemoon said...

Fly, Yes we really do need the snow, but dang! I don't really have the doldrums. Remember I'm making fun stuff on Zazzle. Making my fortune...hahaha

Steve, It has been fun and I'm actually learning. I figured that you had maybe taught a class. Your pics are wonderful.

Carolyn said...

HAHaaaaa you spotted you! I like your hair .. it's different from your profile picture... really?

hahaaa... what fun this class is ! love it when you post about it...

Cathy Sherman said...

I love that little blue truck! You did a great job of capturing it in a surreal way. It looks real, but also magical.

I need to look around my house for objects to photograph while we're snowed in, but first I need to clear off some surfaces. No one wants to see photos of my clutter!

turquoisemoon said...

Carolyn, Yes!! It's straight now and had it highlighted. In fact, Cathy's daughter did my hair and showed me how to do it. Cathy wrote the comment below yours. I needed a hip change. Well hip for me!!

Hi Cathy, Used my aperture priority and changed the F-Stop to get this look. Your house is always awesome. Loki would make an ideal model.