Monday, December 16, 2013

Winter Flower Shots

Got out with a friend and took some pictures.
I need to do this... It was like a breath of fresh air.
Decided to give my two weeks notice today/this morning at work.
Scheduling me to work Christmas Eve just did me in.
When you're 66yrs old, you figure you've got (hopefully) only 20 more Christmases with family...not to be wasted on a part time, for fun gig!!!
Does a person ever tire of nature?
Do people that live in the mountains, a forest or by the ocean/river ever tire or simply forget to look at the scenes around them?
Peace to all and a huge ommmmm!

8 comments:

Arkansas Patti said...

Yes. Great move. So glad you are giving up the work place.
I know what you mean about always enjoying Nature and not getting too immune to enjoy.
I hoped when I first moved here that I wouldn't get too accustomed to the views to quit looking. Nine years later, I still look.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Businesses have no respect for people's true needs anymore. Although, come to think of it, did they ever? Glad you had some photo fun to take your mind off things!

Out on the prairie said...

I like the poinsettias real well this time of year.

One Fly said...

I am soooo happy for you TMoon!!!!

My Grama's Soul said...

Nice a peaceful here this morning.....great way to start the day.

Jo

turquoisemoon said...

Patti, I've been to Arkansas several times...beautiful! Trees and hills...that's what I remember.

Debra, I don't get it!!! Crazy! I'm glad I made this decision. I do like my coworkers, but I can still get with them.

Steve, So many colors!!! and they're perfect/1

Fly...yep! Done!

Grama's Soul (Jo) Agreed. This is what I want.

CraveCute said...

Love those photos! You are so right, sometimes a part time job is just not worth what you have to give up. Enjoy your freedom!

turquoisemoon said...

Crave Cute, Thank you. Yep...agreed! I've enjoyed this part time gig, but they've been adding and adding to my hours. 32 this week till I complained. They tend to work the older people. The young ins simply don't work. We run rings around them, it's just that we've got to come home and go to bed. hahaha just can't go out after work and party anymore.