Friday, December 13, 2013

Almost Christmas. Am I Having Fun?

Working a lot.
Legs and feet hurt.
Scheduled to work Christmas Eve...
Will miss the annual Christmas Dinner with family. 
Why am I even doing this???
Normally only work 8 to 10 hours per week...gets me out of the house.
Cold, snow, rain, drizzle, icy windows, icy overpasses...why do I want out of the house?
Keeps me busy.
I've got a house, yard, Lucy the Cairn Terror (oops Terrier), knitting and photography.
Love the people I work with.
Yep!!! That's true...a great group of people.
But...I have friends and family that I almost never see because I work???
Great discount on products.
Shopping almost done.
They've been working me so much, I haven't had time to visit with friends or family...just get the daggum shopping done and wrapped. Decorate the house, then cook, then sit/maybe fall asleep because I'm so tired.
OK...I've weighed it...I'll be quitting this little gig in March. 
Spring will be right around the corner and that means "photography road trips!!!"
ommmmm

9 comments:

mxtodis123 said...

Good for you. For many years I gave my all to a job that just didn't care. They worked me to the bone. I had no time to socialize and whenever some free time did show up, I was too tired to do much of anything. In July I retired and have never been so happy. I often think of what my hubby used to say as I trudged off to work, "If you die, they will just find someone to fill your place." So true...only they haven't been able to keep someone in my place. Everyone quits within a month. LOL!!!

Manzanita said...

What kind of work do you do?
You probably always need a project. I do too. My son wants me to move back to Bozeman to the apartment he made for me and keeps saying, I won't have to shovel snow or do hard work. Yipes, those are the things that keep me going. We'll have plenty of time to sit still "later on." LOL

Out on the prairie said...

Fun to have the activity sometimes, but also nice to have family.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Remember: all work and no play makes Jack homicidal!

turquoisemoon said...

mx, I'm retired but work (supposed to be occasionally) with a large sporting goods company. It's physically demanding & I'm on my feet all day...but it's a wonderful company to work for and coworkers are great. But I'm up to 38 hours (because they need the help)&&& I'm retired!!! and tired!!!!!

Manzanita, I've got to stay busy but this is rediculous. I'm exhausted!!!

Steve, Yep...agree. I can't believe I'm going to miss Christmas and working. At my age, it's kindof silly??? you know what I mean?

Debra, hahaha...but my feet hurt so bad I couldn't run or even walk very far, after-the-fact.

Carolyn said...

Well? speaking as a lazy retired person ... I would like something to make me want to get out of bed in the mornings ... but then I remember all those years of doing so and well.. I just lie back down and take a lil nap.

turquoisemoon said...

Carolyn, I really luv working there, but they've just worn me out the last month. OOoh should I mention the lazy youngins that work there??? At 66 I run circles around them. But then, maybe I could learn to goof off from them. Nope! That's not our style...

Cathy Sherman said...

I know you enjoy your job and the people you work with, but as you've said, they keep adding to your hours. Too much of a "good" thing. It's just that you're so darned good at it! So it seems to be all or nothing. March is a good time to quit. Spring flowers will be calling you and your camera! I'll be right there with you!

turquoisemoon said...

Cathy...I'm done in. I'm giving my 2 weeks notice Monday!!! So that means we can start snapping pics in January!!! Yay!!!