Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Outside the Park

 Never made it inside the Teton National Park....the park was closed.
 These were all taken from outside the park. There were lots of us trying desperately to get some good photos. We visited, shared locations and ideas on where we might find some photo spots.
 The colors ~ they couldn't take that from us!!!
 It had to be the peak of the color show...amazing!!!
 Wish I could have gotten in the park...but, I'll just have to go back sometime...maybe?!!!
 The colors were awesome! and everywhere...
 Mother Nature never closes the gate!
 When I got back to KC, the trees hadn't changed yet.
 I didn't see any reds in the Teton area...maybe I'll get some from around here???
 For sure I'm not complaining for lack of "reds"....
 This "orange and yellow" show went on and on and on....
 I felt fortunate...
 Maybe I wouldn't have seen all this if I had gotten in the park???
...what I did see was spectacular!!!
ommmmm

9 comments:

Arkansas Patti said...

What a shame you couldn't get in the park. Pox on Congress.
There really is no mountain range in the US to compare to the Tetons. Wow. They set the bar high.

turquoisemoon said...

Patti, I couldn't agree with you more. Shame on them all.... We thought they (the Tetons) were so beautiful (from the outside) we really want to go there sometime....of course when the park is open!!!
I had researched and had my places I wanted to photograph all set...double dog dang!!!

Carolyn said...

I stayed there 3 or 4 nights ... can't remember... just a beutiful Park.

Absolutely ... a Pox on Congress!

I love the colors

turquoisemoon said...

Oooh Carolyn, I'd love to visit 3 or 4 days. I can't imagine the pics I'd get. Yep...a pox on congress....

One Fly said...

Those mountains are something else.

Out on the prairie said...

Tree variety is easily ID'd with color now. I see a lot of cottonwood and aspen, not many reds here yet

turquoisemoon said...

Fly, I really want to go back to the Teton area. Simply beautiful!!!

Steve, A few reds are starting to show up here...but, just a few. I'm heading out next week to try for some local color.

CraveCute said...

The photos are still amazing even if you weren't able to actually get in the park. Beautiful scenery!

turquoisemoon said...

Oooh CraveCute...It was amazing...the colors were awesome! I've just got to go back some day.