Monday, September 9, 2013

Resolve

Trip to RMNP
Have I mentioned that I love this park???
Oooh I'm sure I have...

For some, the place to think and hope, to dream and plan, to rest and resolve...may be the sea or a forest or maybe a lake. Perhaps the desert?!!!
For me, it's the mountains...Rocky Mountain National Park.
It is here that I find myself. It is here, I think and dream.
It is here...I resolve...
It is here, where I see my life as it really is...
It is here, I see what is working and what needs change. What, in my life, needs fixing.
I meditate and sip on coffee by the Big Thompson.
I go to sleep with the sounds of wind in the pines and dream...
I hike the trails in silence, seeing...
My sister and I went this year, in fact, got back two weeks ago.
We had a super time and "yes"...my souvenir was pralines, but they never made it to Kansas.
ommmm
 The Mountains are Calling and I Must Go ~ John Muir


7 comments:

ellen abbott said...

I like to visit the mountains but there's not enough sky for me.

turquoisemoon said...

Ellen, I'm glad we're all not the same, don't have the same interests, or find comfort in the same places...makes life interesting!

Arkansas Patti said...

Ah yes, someday I hope to go there also. To see real mountains, not just these beginner mountains of the Ozarks, which are great after the flat lands of Florida, but still not the real thing.
So glad you got to enjoy.

One Fly said...

Over all I think Colorado has got to be one of the best places to live anywhere.

turquoisemoon said...

Patti, Oooh you would love it!!! They are wonderful, but those Ozark mountains are beautiful too. You can't beat the Ozarks for color.

Fly, Oooh thinkin you are so right. I had chances, but with grandbabies and family here, I made the decision to stay. Ooh well...11 hours to RMNP

Debra She Who Seeks said...

There's nothing like the Rockies!

turquoisemoon said...

Debra...love em!!! Love meditating in the mountains.