I call this my kitchen lecture because I have this list posted in one of my kitchen cupboards.
I'm a firm believer that happiness is a choice
...and that it takes conscious effort.
15 Ways to Become Happy
is a waste of energy. You’ll never please everyone and it’s really none of your business what others think of you in the first place.
2. Give up trying to please everyone. Live life to the beat of your own drum. Just do the best you can and don't judge yourself.
3. Give up participating in gossip. 100 percent of the time, those sharing gossip with you will gossip about you.
4. Quit Worrying. Where thoughts go, energy flows. Worry is investing time and energy in something you don’t want to have happen. Learn to let go and trust.
5. Let go of insecurity. We take ourselves too seriously, we think everyone else does too. No one really cares or watches you that closely.
6. Stop taking everything personally. Truth is, most people are too consumed with their own life to really consider what you’re doing.
7. Give up the past. We’ve all been hurt, we all had parents that made mistakes and we’ve all been through hell. Give up all those voices, in your head, that try to bring up the past.
8. Give up spending money on what you don’t need in effort to buy happiness. Living simply allows the space for life to flow. We complicate our lives by spending too much money filling our home with “things.” Less is truly more.
9. Give up anger. Anger burns a hole in the hand of the person still holding on to it.
10. Give up control. Control is an illusion. We live in an out of control world. Learn to embrace the new and welcome change.
11. Blame No One. Aaah...this just starts that brain chatter going. It has a chance to pop into your life and cause grief.
12. Forgive. Forgive yourself and others!!!
13. Do Not Compare. There's always going to be some that's better and some that's worse. That's Life!
14. Meditate or Pray Daily. Start with 10 minutes a day. Only 10 minutes, and you will see an amazing change.
15. Start Back at #1.
When a person harbors even one of these traits...they become unhappy.
The reason is because it allows that crazy voice, in our head, to start chattering!
I meditate daily. It has taught me how to control that chatter...those voices.
So...during the day, if that chatter starts up, for any reason...I say what I say if my mind drifts during meditation, "Thinking"