Sunday, June 30, 2013

Other Stuff in Omaha

 Street musicians!!!
Granddaughter especially liked listening to the cello.
This guy was great! and funny...
This overlooked a courtyard.
Below were galleries and an eating place.
See
Fun places to eat and all sorts of different kinds of food.
The Durham Museum
It's a railroad museum.
Soda fountain at the museum
...and lots of old brick!!!
This pic is a window that was on the house in the very last photo.



We also walked a walking bridge across the Missouri River and a few more things. We did quite a bit for only being there 3 days. And...we missed quite a bit too. I really wanted to see some of the Lewis and Clark places, but just ran out of time.
Have I ever mentioned that I'm a huge fan of Lewis and Clark??? I think they are true heroes. I have the PBS video "Lewis & Clark, The Journey of the Corps of Discovery" (Ken Burns video...yes I still have a few videos)  & I watch it a lot...a lot! That sound of softly strumming banjos can lull me to sleep in just a few minutes....I don't think I've ever made it to the Pacific!!!
(yawn)
&
ommmmm

15 comments:

Manzanita said...

I noticed in many downtowns they take an old alley and make it into little shops. A quaint idea. I like Lewis and Clark too, in fact I live in Lewis and Clark county. The Missouri River runs by Helena so there is a lot of L & C history around here.
Lots of fun with Granddaughter.

Plowing Through Life (Martha) said...

Beautiful photos! It looks like there is so much to see and do. What a lovely way to spend time with your granddaughter.

gregory urbano said...

those are some great shots, really liked the alley! watched the lewis and clark too, very interesting how the two interacted, what a great adventure!

Lisa said...

Great photos- I want to be there x

Arkansas Patti said...

I saw that Ken Burn's video on Lewis and Clark. Really interesting but then Ken never disappoints.
I remember those stools.
Love street performers. Have you seen the video of the song "Stand by Me" by Playing for Change on YouTube. It is street performers from all over the world. It is amazing.

黄清华 Wong Ching Wah said...

Gems of the city !

turquoisemoon said...

Now this is a mystery...I have left a comment for each and every one of you. And...not all at one time. Where did my comments go??? hmmmm

One Fly said...

I left one as well too.

turquoisemoon said...

Fly??? What the heck happened???

One Fly said...

I saw your responses to all the others in my e-mail. A couple times yesterday Blogger was working strangely. Just a glitch I think. Over the years Blogger in my opinion has worked well.

One of the things I said was that several of your pictures are just INCREDIBLE!!

turquoisemoon said...

Fly, Agreed, overall blogger has been pretty good... Got to be a glitch!!!
and Thank You...I am loving photography!!! Hope to see you back into it soon.


To all ~ There had to be some kind of a blogger glitch, because all my responses to your kind comments have disappeared!!!

FOLKWAYS NOTEBOOK said...

Really? Never knew Omaha had such wonderful spots to visit. Have driven past it but never stopped. Like the street corner musicians! -- barbara

turquoisemoon said...

Barbara, I never used to think of Omaha as a destination either. The zoo is so famous, I decided to take my grad there. Once there, we found out what a fun place, it is, to visit.

Teresa Evangeline/Bayou Summer said...

My lord, woman, you two have been having some fun. Love the Lewis and Clark story as well...

turquoisemoon said...

Teresa, I find retirement fun!!! I still work once n awhile, but mostly consider myself retired!!! But, you know, Teresa, this is hay season and yesterday I drove a John Deere tractor with huge rake attached...I call that "fun".