Thursday, April 25, 2013

N of A to Z = Shopping

Far away from any mall and not located in a "thriving" area is
Nigro's Western Store.
This store, opened in 1956, offers everything from saddles, harnesses, working gloves, cowboy hats & boots, jeans, working clothing to fun cowgirl outfits. Western belt buckles galore, western decor, John Wayne stuff and stuff with bling.
I hate shopping at malls. In fact, I hate shopping...period!  When I need something, I pop, as in pop in and pop right back out. I don't stroll, linger, window shop, roam or compare prices...just get in and get out.
When a rare mood hits and I feel the need for a little shopping...I head to Nigro's. What a fun place! This pic was taken on Sunday and they're closed. Usually, it's crowded.
 They carry all the boot styles. Working cowboy boots to fun ones. I've been drooling over a pair of turquoise and brown ones for quite awhile. Just can't bring myself to buy a pair, when I've got a perfectly good plain pair, that I've had for years. Sheesh...cowboy boots never wear out. They just get more comfy.
I really love the western look...problem is...I never go anywhere requiring that I dress up. Guess I could wear them to Walmart, or the grocery store. Hey...have you ever seen those silly ole women that wear their furs to a grocery store...hahaha! 
And another problem - the skirts!
love them but.....
You've got to be tall and thin or they make you look shorter and plumper...I know, 
I've tried them on and they never, ever look like that on me. I was once, gently told that a 3 tiered skirt would look better on me...fine! So I continue to look for a 3 tiered one...do they even make them? 
 And that belt!!!  Just where on my body would that go??? 
Have you ever admired a style, but just couldn't get it to work for you?
Oh well...ommmmmm

12 comments:

Manzanita said...

Hey there caow girl
You are right when you say boots never wear out. Western dress is not my choice but years ago I caved and had a smart-looking pair of boots made for me. Fit like a glove. Only trouble is I've worn them once and now they collect dust. Once a month I put them in the Goodwill bag but somehow then remove them. At that rate, they will never wear out. LOL

Good luck in finding your skirt.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

In my experience, all the finest western wear stores feature a huge plastic horse outside their shop. I see Nigro's does too!

turquoisemoon said...

Debra, OOh YES!!! in fact, only the finest... Hahahaha!!!

Manzanita, Mine gather dust too, that's why I just can't justify the turquoise and brown ones.

One Fly said...

Personally I stay away from the 3 tiered stuff myself.

turquoisemoon said...

Fly...hahaha!!! So far I've managed!

Teresa Evangeline/Bayou Summer said...

That's how I often dressed in the art gallery in SF, but now it's jeans and a sweater or light cotton top., sometimes a skirt in summer. I do miss the days of playing dress up, with a reason to do so. :)

I do not like shopping either, except for the farm supply store... :) Love those turquoise and brown boots. I'd buy them just to display if nothing else.

turquoisemoon said...

Teresa, I can imagine you in Santa Fe wearing something like this. I too just wear jeans and cotton tops. It really would be nice to get dressed up sometime, and go somewhere for an evening. BF buys his clothes at TSC..hahaha. I love shopping at hardware stores, now that's fun to me. Aren't those boots just cool??? sigh!

FOLKWAYS NOTEBOOK said...

I'm with you -- detest malls. I understand from my young granddaughter that thrift shops are in. I have no idea where a great thrift shop is around here. -- barbara

Arkansas Patti said...

Aw, you made me miss my boot days when I had a horse. You are right, they never wear out and my are the comfortable.

turquoisemoon said...

Barbara, Ooh yes! I've gotten some great finds from thrift shops! Almost new and new stuff. Sometimes people give things away that they simply don't like. My luck!!!

Patti, The pair I have are from my horse showing days. They still look good, and fit perfectly... but, oooh aren't those turquoise ones awesome...sighing again... Just can't justify the expense.

Randy said...

Great looking boots.

turquoisemoon said...

Randy...yeah, but I just can't justify getting them. humpf!