Monday, April 15, 2013

L & L of A to Z (huh???)

The first of my L's is Louisburg Cider Mill
Years ago, I learned a valuable lesson from this place.
 Never buy a Gift Basket without first tasting.
 Years ago, I bought several gift baskets, from here, and didn't sample what was in them prior to giving.
ewww...dry, tasteless, and boring was the end result.
They were cute looking - but yucky tasting!!!
 I still love giving gift baskets, but now I make them myself.
Lesson Learned!
A cute and fun place to go & I'm sure their baskets are much better, now...but, I still won't take chances like that again. I was embarrassed!
And, for the second L
Louisburg Cider Mill is the home of the....
Lost Trail Root Beer Company
Now this is yummy!
I bought some and BF & I had root beer floats for dinner last night.
We sometimes have dessert for dinner.
We figure...at our age, we might not make it till dessert time...hahaha!!!
ommmmmm

15 comments:

Linda Starr said...

Been ages since I had a rootbeer float, love that barn

Chung said...

Ooh . . . a float like that sounds delicious!!! I haven't had a float like that for years.

turquoisemoon said...

Linda & Chung...It's been years since I've made a root beer float too! Old fashioned taste of pure goodness!!! It was wonderful...fattening, but wonderful!

Pam said...

Mmmm....RB Floats! I think gift baskets are really fun to make, also! :)

turquoisemoon said...

Pam, I was rushed and bought the baskets, already made. They were just awful! Lesson learned...now when I give baskets, I take my time and try to put fun, delicious, and unique items in them. Hand making the basket is the secret.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Pre-made gift baskets are how stores clear out their old stock and stuff that hasn't sold, I bet. You're much wiser to make your own gift baskets! And yum, root beer floats! I haven't had one of those in years -- okay, decades!

turquoisemoon said...

Debra, Oooh I'll bet you're right! The stuff tasted stale and dry...dang! bet you're right. That root beer float really hit the spot! Downright yummy...just better not make it a new habit.

Manzanita said...

That sounds reasonable. At least have dessert first and if you make it through the good stuff, then east the rest. LOL

turquoisemoon said...

Manzanita, It works for me! hahaha! Had an elderly uncle that never bought green bananas...hahaha

Introverted Art said...

oh these look amazing, so inviting and accompanied by rootbeer ;-)

turquoisemoon said...

Ana, It's a fun little place to go visit. They have all sorts of fun little activities during the fall...like a pumpkin patch, maze, etc.

Randy said...

Looks like there are alot of goodies there.

turquoisemoon said...

Randy, Yes, it's a cute little place. Ooh and daily they make cider donuts. I heard they're good

Out on the prairie said...

I had apple srtudel and ice cream for a night off meal.

turquoisemoon said...

Steve, I love dessert for dinner! The older I get, the more often I do it.