Monday, April 1, 2013

Craving NM

 This picture appeared on my FB.
I've "friended" I love New Mexico, and it's driving me crazy with pics of food and fun places to visit.
 Once they posted this pic, I was on a mission...had to have one.
OOoh just look at all that green chile on this.
I have no clue as to the calorie count, but....oooh my...!
So I had to come up with a plan...and stay in diet mode.
I have a stash of chopped up/frozen (roasted) hatch chilies, so I got a package out to thaw.
Then...zapped one of my little sandwiches.
Result was only 160 calories and satisfied my craving.
Line from the movie - Babe
"that'll do pig..."
ommmm

11 comments:

One Fly said...

I'm hungry for the bottom one.

Manzanita said...

Couldn't even get your mouth around the top one. The bottom picture is more realistic and I bet it was delicious.

turquoisemoon said...

Fly, It was perfect...just the right amount.

Manzanita, Yes! that's a huge sandwich. It really was pretty dag-gum delish...

Betty said...

They both look good. Now I have to have one. Thanks!

Arkansas Patti said...

That is how to have your craving and not wear it on your hips. Good job.

Introverted Art said...

oh I just drooled over my keyboard!!

turquoisemoon said...

Betty, Hey...that's how I was...

Patti, Yep! Had to do it that way. Got to keep an eye on what I eat.

Ana, That's how I felt when I saw that cheeseburger on FB. Had to have it.

Linda Starr said...

I love green chilis and NM, one of these days...

turquoisemoon said...

Linda, In the fall, Whole Foods gets in Hatch green chilies. They roast them. I buy up bunches & bring them home. Clean and seed and put in serving size baggies and freeze. Next fall...same thing over again.

Dee said...

Dear Turquoise Moon, I, too, am watching what I eat--trying to keep to my Weight Watchers points. But recently I seem to have gone drastically off the track of the past seven months. I'm hoping I can get through the thicket and back to that smooth path I was walking on before!

The sandwich looks scrumptious! Peace.

turquoisemoon said...

Dee, I'm off track too, so I'm really trying...??? The holidays were hard, weren't they!?