Sunday, April 21, 2013

A Cairn Named Kevin

Actually his name is Kevin Patrick.
Got up real early and headed for Columbia, Mo to help with this transport.
It will take 7 transporters to get this lil guy from Sullivan, Mo to Minneapolis, Mn.
He's safe now and on his way to his foster mommy...
He is beautiful, black with silver undercolors...just beautiful! 
And, he was such a good boy...I could have brought him on home with me. He was scared, but composed...a real gentleman. I'm sure when he's available for adoption, he'll go fast!
I gave him a few treats before we headed out...he wouldn't take them, but when I transferred him to the next driver, I noticed that the treats were gone...good!
ommmm

9 comments:

Arkansas Patti said...

Bless your heart for doing that. I really don't know how you keep from taking your passengers all home with you.

turquoisemoon said...

Patti...isn't his name a hoot??? Hey, thanks! but, in reality I'm doing what I love - road trip & cairns.

Pam said...

<3 and Hugs! :)

turquoisemoon said...

Pam...thanks for the hugs! I absolutely love doing this.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Safe journey, Kevin and may you be adopted to a good Minneapolis home! You'll find Minnesota a little chillier than you're used to, though.

FOLKWAYS NOTEBOOK said...

Ahh the little guy was just naturally scared -- he was with strangers -- but you were kind and even gave him a treat -- just what he needed apparently -- barbara

turquoisemoon said...

Debra, As sweet and beautiful as he was, it won't take long for this lil boy. Ooh and the breed is from the Scottish Highlands used to chilly damp weather and Kansas tornadoes.

Barbara, I love doing this, but it still breaks my heart to look into those scared little eyes and watch them shake with fear... Just a heart breaker.

Cloudia said...

How have you and I not met before? Followed your beautiful name to the treasure of this blog. I've joined. You are most welcome to visit my bloggity :-)


Aloha

turquoisemoon said...

Welcome Cloudia...I will certainly visit your blog. Thanks!