Saturday, March 23, 2013

Some Ole Barns

 Been out looking for old barns.
These two are south of Louisburg, Ks
While I was shooting the top photo, the owner came out and hollered at me, "What in the hell are you doing?" I hollered back that I was takin pics of beautiful ole barns...that seemed? to sooth him.
 I always park in the street-never on private property...and I never go on private property.
Sometimes it's hard finding a place that's off the road and not in a muddy ditch.
The pic below was taken west of Clinton Lake, near Lawrence, Ks.
 Rock Chalk Jayhawk!
 BF is looking to buy some more land and the picture, below, was on one of the places we looked at.
Lucy goes with me when I go out takin pictures. I bought her a doggy car seat, so she is safe while driving and stopping at places. She is hooked up to it, so she can't escape when I hop out of the car and get my camera stuff ready.  At first she hated it, so she pee'd  in it...ugh! 
Now she loves it. She can see out and I'll roll down the window some, while slow driving, and she can stick her head out and sniff the wind.
ommmm

9 comments:

Out on the prairie said...

I often stop and take shots.It is fun to meet the owners and hear more about the prairie palaces I am admiring.

turquoisemoon said...

Steve, Ooh yes...that would be fun, but mostly the places I see are vacant or at least appear vacant. That good ole boy that came out to "greet" me was in no mood to chat. I love that "prairie palaces"...nice!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Barn #2 is so old and saggy it looks like a stiff breeze would blow it in! Lovely.

Dee said...

Dear Turquoise Moon, I've never heard of a doggie seat before! Wonder of wonder and people just keep i`2 new and novel things that really help us out. The barns bring back memories of the barn where I grew up. We used to slide down the metal roof and leap on the haystack! Your photographs are truly evocative. Peace.

turquoisemoon said...

Debra, It sure does, doesn't it?!!! It sure must have been grand in it's day.

Dee, Ooh her little doggie seat is so cute and allows her to sit safely in either the front or back seat. Kindof like a child's seat, the seat belt holds it securely. Then there's a short leash that attaches to her harness, to keep her in it. It's up high enough so she can see everything now. So funny...

Manzanita said...

I too love old, falling down barns with all the charm of yesterday. When I used to drive from Montana to Minnesota, I'd always take the back roads and find old places. People are so picky about others
setting foot on their land. Their land? They will die and the land will go on and on and on.
Funny story about Lucy

turquoisemoon said...

Manzanita, Seems like each one of those ole barns tell a story. Fun! Yes, that man was really wanting to be cranky, and I was clear out on the road...

One Fly said...

You - - - a trouble maker!!

turquoisemoon said...

Fly, Me??? no...he was just a cranky ole fart...