Friday, March 8, 2013

Retrograde A to Z

 I'm on the letter F, if I "re"member correctly.
Mercury is retrograde, so I'm doing a retrograde F for my A to Z challenge.
F is for "re"frigerator.
I don't put grandchildren's pictures on my walls...my house is southwest!
But my frig is loaded with them. The kids love it and check it out whenever they come over.
I was going to do Ford for my photo challenge, but it turned out to be too much of a challenge.
I went to a place to take some pics of classic old cars, thinking I'd get a really cool pic of an old Ford.
The place was spotless and the challenge to get a pic without a "re"flection ended up too much for this ole picture taker.  It was overwhelming...  The pic above is one I took...just one picture, but as you can see reflections took over the pic. There was a mirror on the floor and then the reflection on the car ended up being that of the car next to it... I don't have a clue as to where the car is!!!
So "re"flection is part of my "F" photo challenge.
The place I visited was amazing. Classic cars, classic music and decor. Oooh did those old cars bring back memories of the mid-60's. We cruised the drive-ins,  oooh and the music!!!! 
I think I lived in the best of times....
ommmmm

14 comments:

Manzanita said...

Lotta pictures on the fridge. You beat me.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Wow! That is some fridge, LOL!

Victoria Harvey said...

What kind of camera do you use? How much is PS program ?

One Fly said...

Those times were the best Lynn no doubt about it.

turquoisemoon said...

Manzanita, Many of the photos are from when they were babies. Fun to watch as they grow older. I love looking at them too... I also have some funnies, quotes and dog pics on it and inside my cabinets. Guess I spend lots of time in the kitchen...hahaha

Debra, ...and every once in awhile, I've got to clean the outside of it. That takes quite a long time to get them all back on.

Victoria, I have a Canon T3i...love it! Also have a Nikon. Sorry don't know what PS stands for???

Fly, YES!!! I had a blast back then. Oooh my...what fun!!! The music was awesome, the cars were so very cool. One of my boyfriends had a 55 Chev with 327.. another had 63, can't remember what engine he had in it, but sheesh! were they ever fast. Ooh and that rumble sound...it wasn't just muffler noise, it was engine... We went to the drag strip on Friday nights, then the parties would start. Ooh and the cruising... The kids today have no clue how to fix up cars!!! humpf!!!

Arkansas Patti said...

My fridge is my photo album also. It is so convenient to view them there.
Ah yes, the drive ins. Now those were fun places to be "seen" on a cool date or to meet with the gang.

turquoisemoon said...

Patti, Yes it is convenient. I tape quotes inside my kitchen cabinets. I also put "liberal" quotes near the coffeepot, so BF will have to read them..hahaha! Weren't those drive ins fun??? We'd back the cars in so we could see people driving by...and they would drive thu them over and over and over again. Dem were the daz!!!

Vivian Helena said...

Thanks for popping by VivianHelena Creates. The treats were delicious. Love your A - Z... great idea.. blessings.

turquoisemoon said...

Vivian Helena, I visit often but normally don't have much to say, but those treats looked amazing...

FOLKWAYS NOTEBOOK said...

Oh you were a cruiser of drive-ins too? I was raised in Michigan, even though I live in KY now, and did the Woodward cruise scene that is now a huge event featuring all those old cars -- it's called the "Dream Cruise" and brings in thousands of folks. I did the mid 50s while you took over and did the 60s -- barbara

turquoisemoon said...

Barbara, Ooh yes! I was a cruiser. It was soooo much fun. Ooh the cars were so awesome and so fast and so loud...loud with power! ...and the music!!! We Rocked!!! really Rocked! These kids today have no clue...

Randy said...

That's the most I have ever seen on a fridge.

Linda Starr said...

oh we used to go to all those car events not too long ago when we had old cars, don't have one now but maybe some day again. sometimes those reflections can be cool if they reflect another part of another car.

turquoisemoon said...

Randy, It's loaded, isn't it?!!! ...and there's some fun magnets too!

Linda, The cars were polished to a mirror like surface. Every pic had that checked floor (and signs) or a reflection of me, taking the pic. I tried getting some reflection pics, but what would be in the pic was not very cool... I worked at it, but it just didn't come together.