Tuesday, March 19, 2013

I = Impatient to Plant Impatiens


For I of my A to Z Challenge, I went to a local nursery for their Spring Open House.
The weather last Friday was near 80, so I did some outdoor photography. Old barns.  By Sunday it was in the upper 20's... So I was lookin to do my photography indoors.
I went looking for Impatiens...my favorite yard plant. I have lots of shade in my backyard and they do so well in the shade. It's early and they only had shades of pink...my very, most favorite color is kind of a burnt orange... Goes so well with my terra cotta decorative yard thingies. And that color just seems to stand out against all the green in the yard.
The first pic is of the impatiens. The second one is a callalily...yellow has been a difficult color for me to photograph. I had to do some adjustments with my camera. The last one is anthurium.
I also do a few other photography challenges. Last week, the Canon challenge was green. I'm excited to see if mine will be selected for their header on facebook...Lots of talented photographers post pics for their challenges and this is the first time I've gotten so many "likes".  I've gotten some before, but this time lots of people like me...Sound like Sally Field at her first academy award win. Remember.."you like me...you really like me."  I also do a Kansas challenge. This week, their challenge is anything macro, so I submitted the callalily.
There's no prizes or anything...it's just fun to compare your work to others. I think I'm really learning by challenging myself in this manner. I see all these incredible pics and know I've got to up the ante if I'm going to get better.
Ok...on to J??? what starts with J???
ommmm

10 comments:

Manzanita said...

Yes, you are really doing that extra mile with your camera. It's becoming your best friend. Enjoy your warm weather. We are back to blizzardly cold again.

turquoisemoon said...

Manzanita, We're expecting snow on Thursday and Friday...ugh!!! I must admit, I'd rather have cold weather than the 100+ degrees we had last summer.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Impatiens always reminds me of a dear friend who is now departed from this world. It was her favourite flower too. That's a wonderful photo of it!

Arkansas Patti said...

Ha,ha. As I was reading about your "likes" I immediately thought of Sally Field. Seems you did also.
I'm like you on those miserable 100+ summers. Early spring here has me a wee bit worried. Do not want to go through that again.

turquoisemoon said...

Debra, They always remind me of Silver Dollar City. They have them everywhere and are so creatively displayed.

Ark Patti, I always figure, I can put on socks, jackets, etc. when it's cold, but can never take enough off when it's hot... Last summer was miserable. Got out in my yard early, but when that heat came, stayed in.

turquoisemoon said...

UPDATE...My photo submission to Canon was not chosen...dang! Oh well~there's next week.

Lu x said...

What a gorgeous plant, I've taken the flower remedy of Impatiens and it worked wonders, it's nice to see the real thing!

turquoisemoon said...

Lu...They are beautiful. My favorite color is the burnt orange!!! I love that color...

Randy said...

Beautiful flowers.

turquoisemoon said...

Thanks Randy!!!