Tuesday, January 29, 2013

D to Z

 A to Z
This week is D...and D is for Dog.
Lucy  was my model...little did she know that I would soon to Distort her photo.
The first picture is the fish-eye. The picture directly above is the original.
This whole A to Z project is to help me, not only with my photography, but to learn more about my camera.  
I have a fish-eye filter on my camera...how does it work???
Well, you take a picture, then with a click of a button, you get this fish-eye look and you still have an original. The camera menu has a section called Creative Filters. Here is where I found the fish-eye, grainy B/W, soft focus, toy camera, and miniature effect.
Lucy's vet has an adorable poster of puppies in their office. It has oooh, probably 30 breeds on it...all done in fish-eye. It was so cute.
Now when will I actually put this feature in practice??? 
AAahhhh, my mean streak is starting to show...
I will probably start taking more family pics...hit the magic button and walaaa...
distorted photos of my entire family...might just make a 2014 calendar....hahaha!!!!
I need to go meditate...
ommmm

20 comments:

One Fly said...

Mean streak????? meditate meditate!!

Out on the prairie said...

Never have seen this type of function, but it can be fun.

turquoisemoon said...

Fly, hahaha...yes! my mean streak!ommmmm

turquoisemoon said...

Steve, They actually have fish-eye lenses, but they are extremely expensive. Some of the other filters, on my camera, really look fun. I'm anxious to try the toy camera and miniature effects.

Manzanita said...

Yeah, I used to have one on my old good camera that is not digital .... and I wish I could still use it. blatt

Yes, go meditate before you turn into a fisheye.

Jane said...

Lol, after yesterday's post - and here you are plotting a distorted family calendar the very next day... !!
Lucy looks adorable no matter what feature you are using :)

turquoisemoon said...

Manzanita, Hahaha...It would be so evil to take pics of family members, fish-eye them, then create a calendar with their birthdays, events, etc using their fish-eye pics...Oooh I'm just bad!!! I will meditate before I'd do such an evil deed... :)

turquoisemoon said...

Jane, My Bad....
Title:
2014 Distorted Dysfunctional Family Calendar

Introverted Art said...

oh She looks so cute fish eye and no fish eye ;)

turquoisemoon said...

Ana, She is soooo cute and funny. I still miss my Sophie, but this little gal is worming her way into my heart.

Randy said...

What a cutie!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

You can have a ton o' fun with that fish eye lens!

turquoisemoon said...

Randy, Thank you! But the puppy in her is still scratching my arms when we play...ugh!

Debra, I've got all sorts of ideas...and none of them are nice...hahaha

Sandy Jorgensen said...

I'm curious now to see how funny your friends will look! ;)

turquoisemoon said...

Sandy, Just remember...you're one of my friends!!! Can't wait till our get-together...yummmm....

Arkansas Patti said...

Ha ha, love the calendar idea. Would make a super,fun Christmas present.

Linda Starr said...

There are several folks I can think of that I'd like to distort. Ha.

turquoisemoon said...

Patti, I wrote this jokingly, but the more I think about it, I just might do it.

Linda, Hahaha...Yes! I understand completely.

FOLKWAYS NOTEBOOK said...

Like the fist eye photo -- have fun with it -- barbara

turquoisemoon said...

Barbara, The second photo is the original. The first one (the fish eye) is made from the original by the camera itself. Love my camera!