Thursday, January 3, 2013

Cast is Off

All weekend weather reports indicated that a huge snow storm was heading my way.
I was to get my cast removed on Monday, New Year's Eve, so I was concerned.
Sure enough, snow started falling...I vowed,"to walk"  if I had to. I was so ready to get this thing off.
We ended up getting 2 to 3 inches. Why don't they simply report instead of making it such a big deal? Warnings, updates, sheesh...!
...and, knowing that they do this, why did I let myself get so worked up???
New Year's day, snow was melting and falling, in little cloudlike clumps off the trees.
You can see from the pic above, how light and delicate it was.
My cast is off. My hand is stiff and sore and very dry, but ooooh...the cast is off!!! and it felt so good to get it wet and put some lotion on it. I'm thinkin that I'm finally on the road to recovery...yeah!!!
I didn't make any New Year's resolutions this year.  Oooh, I did vow to try to keep my camera with me at all times. I see fun photo ops all the time, but my camera is safe at home. ugh!
I would like to do some kind of a photo challenge this year...like A to Z, or 52 pics, or a 365. Canon facebook has a weekly challenge. That might be fun!
Well I'm off to a great start...no resolutions, no decisions, no direction..BUT, my cast is off!!!
ommmmm


13 comments:

One Fly said...

Whether it's new or the weather this aholes make something out of nothing to justify their existance. I find it discussing. Use NOAA's forecast.

You're off on a good start for pictures. I haven't seen many in a long time. Have fun!!

TravelBug-Susan said...

Break out the champagne. (I see you have already broken out the lotion. LOL.)

Glad to hear you again have use of your hand.

Take care.

Jane said...

That's really great - I can only imagine how relieved you are!

Sometimes I wonder why we even need weather reports - unless there's a huge anomaly headed our way - all we really need to do is look out our window... :)

Bringing a camera along at all times is a very good resolution - I can't count the number of times I've kicked myself for not having mine with me.

Arkansas Patti said...

Free at last, free at last. Yes you are finally free at last.
Enjoy!!!!

Out on the prairie said...

It is nice to have your freedom of movement again,get out there with that camera.

turquoisemoon said...

Fly...Sheesh! I was expecting a major storm by the way they were talking. Just drama... I vow to just check Weather Underground or your suggestion from now on.

Susan, Recovery will be slow, but at least I can start. It's been either in a cast or splint since September.

Jane, I think bringing my camera with me is a great idea too! I miss soooo many opportunities.

Patti, Just taking a shower was wonderful. Real water hitting my left arm and hand...yummy!

Steve, YES!!! Went to The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art today (both batteries for my camera fully charged!)

Randy said...

Congratulations!

FOLKWAYS NOTEBOOK said...

Yeah, your cast is off. Do you think you will ever be able to eat mushrooms again without thinking of your cast? Now back to taking photos of your world -- looking forward to them in 2013 -- barbara

turquoisemoon said...

Barbara, Oooh I will be thinking of mushrooms every time I eat them...and so will my friends and family! There's been lots of jokes about this. Yes! I went to the museum yesterday and took lots of pics!

Sandy Jorgensen said...

Glad to know you're free to do your art again!

turquoisemoon said...

Hey Sandy...we need to get together!!!

Introverted Art said...

I stopped listening to weather reports a while ago... a lot of sensationalism :P

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Congrats on getting that damn cast off! Woo hoo! The world is your oyster again. Enjoy!