Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A to Z or not

Do I want to do an A to Z?
I didn't make any special New Year's resolutions this year, except to keep my camera with me at all times. But, there has been this nagging voice telling me that I should have some kind of discipline with my photography. I can't decide if I want to or not. And, do I need discipline??? I enjoy takin pictures...why do I feel the need to create some kind of a chore with it?
Back in my working days, I was very goal oriented. I always worked to get ahead, to achieve something...but sheesh! I'm retired now. I've had some problems with before... this crazy need to be productive. Just relaxing is not easy for me. I feel that I should be doing something??? but what???
I stewed over this A to Z business for a few days, then panicked because it was time to post an "A". My mind drew blanks...what starts with "A"???  I did a google search, went to the museum of  Art, looked around the house. I searched for A's all last week.
I finally baked an Apple pie...just so I could take a picture of it!!! Now what kind of nonsense is that?!!!
While I was at the museum, I got some fun "B" pictures, and I've got ideas for "C" pics, but "A" was the beginning. Once I begin this, then I've got to finish it...or do I?
I'm wondering if writers and artists get this block before they ever get started? Is it the subconscious mind trying to tell us something? sheesh!!!
Well A is for Apple pie...there!...now I've got another week to figure out whether or not I'm going to do this?
ommmmm

14 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I would just have held the camera behind my back and taken a picture of my A-is-for-ass! But now you get to eat apple pie, so I guess your idea was better.

turquoisemoon said...

Hahaha...you're right!!! But I can still do that for "B". B is for.... hahaha

One Fly said...

Apple is my favorite. If taking pictures becomes like a job then changes are needed.

ellen abbott said...

I did an A to Z but it wasn't pictures it was posts. Well, my posts had pictures too. It took me well over a year though to get all the way through the alphabet as I would get stumped on certain letters trying to think of something to write about or it would just fall out of my consciousness. I didn't set any kind of timetable to complete it though, unlike the woman who I got the idea from who did her 27 posts all in a row.

turquoisemoon said...

Fly, It's mine too, if it's homemade and the apples are fresh. I can't stand canned fruit for pies. Part of me wants to do the A to Z and the other part is afraid it will become a job, or at least stressful. I hope someone that's done it gives me some feedback.

turquoisemoon said...

Ellen, Thanks for your response. I certainly don't want to do posts. I was thinking it could be a study in photography. Pick a subject then try to take a creative pic of it. Geeez...maybe I'm wrong??? and have just caused myself needless stress and a fattening pie???

Randy said...

I'm lucky just to remember to keep my camera with me everyday.

Jane said...

I for one think your A-Z is off to a great start :) Can't get much better than Apple pie - and just look how productive you are!

Introverted Art said...

hahahahahaha I am still laughing at Debra's comet!!!!!!!!

turquoisemoon said...

Jane, I would like to do it, but don't want it to become a chore. The pie was good, but the pic is just average. I just wanted that daggum A pic...

Ana, I laughed too...isn't she funny??? That was so witty!

Linda Starr said...

I never would have thought of Debra's comment, but I must admit an apple came to mind at the first paragraph. When I was working I always had lists and got them all crossed off and was always so busy, never a free moment it seems and I think I wore myself out so for the last three years I've gone with the flow so to speak.

In the back of my mind I thought I might make a list for this year of goals, I sort of have them written in my mind but they are not on paper yet. We shall see.

Manzanita said...

Yes, do A - Z. If it doubles or triples again this year, no one could possibly visit all the posts...(actually no one could last year) I was wondering the same thing.... wonder if I should because I'll be busy again at the ranch.
The pie shows off your baking skills to the max.I'm sure you the B/F enjoyed the fruits of your labor.

turquoisemoon said...

Linda, How's the basket coming? When I saw your post, wondered if that was on your list.

Manzanita, I think I'll do it, but I'll not let it bother me. "A" is the start, and starting things and leaving them half finished is a problem I have...I get bored. BF certainly enjoyed the pie! but, I told him that I'm not cooking my way thru the alphabet...

FOLKWAYS NOTEBOOK said...

What a delicious looking apple pie! When I was a young adult I knew a fascinating women that never made plans ahead -- she was completely spontaneous. I loved her attitude and way of life. Talk about living in the now -- she sure did. Now, I pretty much live in the now. My discipline is very loose. Liked your post -- barbara