Wednesday, December 19, 2012

I Still Celebrate Christmas

Yes...I'm a Buddhist, but I still celebrate Christmas.
Because I love it!!!
I love the tree and the ornaments.
Love all the presents scattered under the tree.
Love the food, especially all the wonderful treats.
Sugar cookies! Peanut Brittle! Baked Cakes and Pies! Fudge!
Love Queen Anne Chocolate Covered Cherries!
I'm making Nanaimo Bars this year, thanks to my Canadian blogger friends.
 (Sheesh...I'd never heard of them before.)
Most of all...the family gatherings!!!
Love hearing my grandchildren laughing...and watching them open their gifts! 
I will miss my little Sophie dog open her gifts...she loved tearing open her presents along with the the grandbabies. This will be Lucy's first Christmas...she loves tearing up things, so I think she'll get the hang of it fairly quickly.
I enjoy the tradition.
It's the season of hope...
It's practice "hopefully" brings comfort and light and joy !
for me - the birth of beginning again...
ommmm

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Yay for Christmas! Enjoy your Nanaimo Bars!

Jane of The Jewels said...

Hehe, I'm betting Lucy will get the hang of it first try :D I'm an agnostic, so I'm pretty much up for any celebration that comes along! Hope you enjoy those Nanaimo bars.

Linda Starr said...

chocolate covered queen anne cherries oh I am hungry now. you santa and toy soldier look wonderful, if I was near a ballet I'd go see the nutcracker i love that music.