Monday, November 5, 2012

2 for 300

Yep...2 good wildlife pics for the approximate 300 taken. Humpf!
My cabin for 5 rustic nights. Sat right on the Big Thompson (little Thompson :) ) and had my coffee and morning meditations. Fire lit every night and ooooh it was wonderful. Can still smell the pine...
Need to adjust the color on this, but anyway, this is why I practiced taking pictures on the fake falls here in Kansas. Wanted to be able to create a mist. This photo was taken on my favorite trail in RMNP...
I finally got a picture of that big horn that I was pleased with. He wasn't in the park, but at a campground we used to camp at. The campground backed up to the National Park and this is where I put my husbands ashes...needless to say I always visit. Now the campground is a destination wedding place...really upset me. My markers used to be based on the camp sites. Had to completely re-set new markers. And, don't people camp anymore??? Anyway, I've never seen big horn there in all the years of camping, so I guess it must be ok with them.
Got sight of this fellow on my way up to the Bear Lake area. I think he is so beautiful...
No good elk pics, but had a wonderful time. My hand was still in a cast, so that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
I also noticed that my balance was off, this time. Walking around on rocks, taking hikes and scrambling around in the woods just wasn't as easy as it used to be. Could I be getting older??? Is this why old ladies hang on to things while doing this type of activity...I sure know I was.
Well OK...Tai Chi here I come!!!
ommmm

16 comments:

NitWit1 said...

The Big Horn was phenom!

Linda Starr said...

Wow those are amazing photos, love the big horn, so glad you got away to such a wondrous place I see why you love it. When I was a kid we used to take all the pine needles off of our xmas trees and put them in a glass jar and periodically throughout the year we'd open the jar and have the smell of xmas again, the pine scent.

turquoisemoon said...

NitWit, Thank you. I bet I took a kazillion pics of him and only got one good one. Must say it was still very much fun.

Linda, Ooh what a fun idea. I must do that...luv that smell.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I'm glad your patience paid off with those 2 beautiful shots!

turquoisemoon said...

Debra, I enjoyed every minute of it. Who wouldn't in such a beautiful place?!!!

Ashling said...

Not sure if I'm more in awe of the great photos or the totally cool wildlife!

turquoisemoon said...

Ashling...It's the cool wildlife!!! ...and RMNP! is the coolest (I think)

Out on the prairie said...

Amazing shots!I was in Custer State Park and had a small herd of bighorns come through the campground. I camp year round.

turquoisemoon said...

Steve, Custer is a very nice park!!! Haven't been there in years. I love bighorns...always look for them while in the park. Very cool that you camp year around...We never camped in the winter, tho it did snow on several of our camping trips. BF won't camp and I do miss camping... Ooh well, that cabin was wonderful, so I won't complain.

Randy said...

These are amazing. How lucky to have captured both of these beautiful animals.

Jane said...

Great pics! What a gorgeous spot - your morning coffee & meditations must have gone on until noon :)

turquoisemoon said...

Randy, I thought so too!!! Love going to RMNP.

Jane, Got up early every day and sat there sipping on coffee. Meditations are amazing outside in fresh air. I loved it.

One Fly said...

These are fantastic pictures TMoon.

turquoisemoon said...

Thanks Fly!!! It was fun just trying to find these beautiful animals.

Introverted Art said...

I am jealous now. What a wonderful place. Although your patience is beyond me it truly paid off!!!!

turquoisemoon said...

Ana, I've been doing this for years...just haven't had a good camera. Watching nature is very, very entertaining. Never a dull moment...