Sunday, September 23, 2012

Strange Weather

There's a saying about Kansas weather that, "if you don't like it, stick around, it will quickly change."
Well within three weeks we've gone from triple digit, drought conditions to this morning at 38 degrees.
I snapped this pic near my grocery store yesterday afternoon...it was about 70 degrees. 
What??? Bradford Pear trees are blooming all around the area???
I've never seen trees blooming in mid-September ever before...
I'm no tree expert (expert = former drip under pressure...hahaha get it???) but, I consider this to be very strange.
do you???
BF has always said that trees never lie...so then...are they simply confused?
ommmm

10 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Global warming is screwing up trees' internal clocks.

Introverted Art said...

Although beautiful, we are doing some serious damage to the environment... sad and scary.

One Fly said...

They're confused? I'm really confused!

Rubye Jack said...

I've always rather liked knowing what to expect but with this weather who knows what's up. I think your cold weather is headed down our way. I'm not ready for it personally.

turquoisemoon said...

I really wish I knew if this is at all normal. I can't find any info, but I've never seen it before.

Debra, I am inclined to agree... I posted this on FB and no one seems to care??? Football is the priority today... I took a pic because I couldn't believe my eyes.

Ana, We sure are and from what I'm reading, it's escalating...and no one seems to notice.

Fly, I'm very confused and concerned. I tried to google info on the Bradford Pear and the only info I found it that they bloom in spring, before the leaves.

turquoisemoon said...

Rubye, It feels like fall, right now...so why are the trees in bloom? I'm ready for this cooler weather. I can layer shirts, vests, jackets, etc. Socks are very nice... :)

FOLKWAYS NOTEBOOK said...

I am confused, as confused as this weather has been since last March. What will the coming year bring us? -- barbara

turquoisemoon said...

Barbara, I'm betting it's going to be very cold...brrrrr

Linda said...

Wow that is strange & I agree global warming is changing the landscape...Up here in Maine the spring started VERY early &we already had a frost last week...patterns are changing in Nature...Not sure that is a good thing...

turquoisemoon said...

You should see all the trees...really looks like spring. Very weird!!!