Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Rescue

Awhile back I volunteered to be a member of the Colonel Potter's Cairn Rescue team.
Don't know if I could be a foster, or not...don't know if I could ever give one up after I had spent time with one. And, then there's Sophie...she doesn't like to "share" her home with other fur babies. 
So what could I do???
Well I found out that they needed drivers to help transport these little ones, across country, to their forever homes. Geez...I'm an excellent driver!!! (line from Rainman) and, I love road trips so what a wonderful way to get to help.
Sunday will be my first time and this is the little one I'm getting to help.  
His name is Copernicus and he is heading to his forever home in Tecumseh, Ks. Isn't he the cutest wee one???
Sunday I get to drive to Joplin, Mo to pick him up and then bring him back to my house. Another transporter will pick him up here and then they will drive him to Tecumseh.
Dang...I really wanted that part of the leg. I really wanted to see him and his forever parents together for the first time. I don't wanna cry and I'm sure that would bring on the tears...so maybe this is the best for now. But ooohhh how I'd like to be there.
ooommmm

10 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That's the perfect volunteer job for someone like you who loves driving! Have fun and safe journeys!

Introverted Art said...

I am so excited for you. This is an amazing mission you are embarking into... please share photos and good luck! You are a little angel in their lives.

turquoisemoon said...

Debra, Ooh this IS the perfect volunteer job for me! I'm so excited to be part of this.

Ana, I will try to get all sorts of pics. Isn't he the cutest??? I already love him.

Out on the prairie said...

What a fun job, nice to help find homes for those pups

turquoisemoon said...

Steve, Oooh those sad eyes get me every time. I'm so looking forward to doing this...

CorvusCorax12 said...

what a great cause...i love Cairn's and would love to have one one of those days. I will definitely look into a rescue. Right now i still have 3 dogies at home, so no room at the Inn

One Fly said...

Have fun!!!

turquoisemoon said...

CorvusCorax, The Cairn is a fun dog. Very smart, great with kids...but stubborn. I overlooked this part when I was researching the breed.

Fly, Oooh I will. I'm an excellent driver...hahaha!

womanbread said...

Copernicus is so adorable, I agree. What a truly wonderful thing you are doing for this lovely little fella, sweet little Copernicus knows and feels this love you have for him, as will all the other furbabies you help and drive to their new forever homes. And you get to do something you love - drive! A win-win situation for you, the rescue centre, and all those cuddly cairns. - June

turquoisemoon said...

Hi June, Yes! it's a win-win for me. I feel very lucky to be able to do this. I love Cairns anyway...dang, guess I just love the furbabies!