Thursday, September 27, 2012

Do You Really Want To Know

I used to do astrology readings at the Renaissance Festival.
Every year, for about 10 years, I'd do these readings for strangers. 
Doing a reading for a family member or friend didn't seem to validate astrology, but reading for a stranger did. 
 A chart, to me, is like a snapshot of a persons life...or at least the energy and the flow that has gone on...maybe not the details, but a general direction of their happiness or sadness.
I don't know how it works...but, it just does.
After many years, I quit reading astrology...found it emotionally exhausting.
I still keep all birthdays, events, schedules in a daily planetary guide. At a glance, I can see where the moon is, or a retrograde, or good/hard configuration that might mean a difficult day...but, I don't really look at it too much these days.
Last Sunday evening, my niece had a baby...so I immediately wrote the new info in my planner...the baby's name, exact time of birth, weight, etc....when I noticed where the moon was. The sun, everyone knows what that is, but the moon tells an astrologer about the persons emotions.
I went from being excited and joyous to feeling a heaviness, a tad sad...
I've seen this placement a hundred times (maybe a slight exaggeration)  but, each time this placement tells me that this person will experience a feeling of being abandoned. This feeling starts early in a persons life. Abandonment may be simply an emotional feeling or a real one...
When I saw this sign at the Ren Fest I would know that this person suffered a loss of a parent, either emotionally or for real (in their youth) and the loss made them a terribly sad person.
I will not say a word of this to anyone...
and will hope that it's wrong, that I'm wrong...
I had to get this off my chest, and move on, so now I'm off to meditate, and say a few prayers...
ommmm

10 comments:

Ashling said...

Knowledge can be a heavy load to haul. Perhaps knowing what you do and being so close, you'll be able to bring that knowledge into your own interactions, steer things over the decades, preempt those things that might lead to the feeling of abandonment. You can see the tendency & potential now, but that means you may have the ability to nudge towards a different way...

TravelBug-Susan said...

You are a fascinating person--so many layers. My mom used to read up on astrology but never did any readings for anyone.

There are so many mysteries in the universe to discover.

Thank you for sharing this.

Susan

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That always comes up in my astrological profile too -- and I know exactly what incident it refers to in my own life. While it did have a big impact on my life in some ways, I am not a terribly sad person because of it. It's just one experience among many that shape people. I wish a long and happy life to your niece's baby!

turquoisemoon said...

Debra, OOoh I do too...I've only seen her pictures and haven't heard from my sister (the grandma) all week, but she's been known to forget her cell. I've seen that sign in so many people's charts and it's almost always the same story. They put on a happy face, but there is a sadness never-the-less. My mother in law had it, she was given up for adoption. My dad had it and his mother died when he was 2. When I did readings, I was very gentle with these people, but it sure validated their feelings.

Susan, When you get my age, you've just done a lot of things. I studied astrology for years and years before I started reading.

Ashling, That's really not how it works, but you know I'll try...

turquoisemoon said...

This is still something I'm trying to reconcile in my mind. Astrology and Buddhism. I know astrology works, but as a Buddhist, I am to believe in rebirth, not reincarnation. Yet there's karma??? Maybe astrology is just energy and no karma is involved...yet Buddhists believe that karma plays a major part in your many lives??? Still working on this with my reading, my meditations...my searching.

Teri said...

Hmmm, may explain the way my husband was. His Dad died when he was three and his Mom died when he was 29 years old, he always described himself as a sad clown.

turquoisemoon said...

Teri, Oooh my, how sad for your husband. Hmmm...29 is also the age of a persons first Saturn return. Another traumatic time.

Linda Starr said...

Beautiful photos you've shown for a sad story, hope it isn't true, and so sorry about your break today and you can still type, amazing you are.

Introverted Art said...

oh I had my map done once and it was so much fun. So many things so right.

turquoisemoon said...

Photos are from the Ren Fest this year...Haven't been there in quite a while. I broke my left hand so I'm typing with mt right fingers...

Ana, you'd be surprised what a good astrologer can tell you.