Thursday, September 20, 2012

Digging a Well

 This summer's drought has really taken it's toll at the farm. The pond had dried up, but recent rains has it full again...but the worry had really upset BF.
He decided to have a well dug. Surveys and dowser both agreed on a certain area.
Preparation has been tedious. 
Pipes, etc have had to be laid and fences to the area where they think the well will be dug, have been down during all this digging. He's put in pumps and tested them...a leak!
So early yesterday morning he went to the farm to fix the leak. It was still dark, so he turned on all the barn lights.
He was bent over one of these holes, using a sunk pump, so he couldn't hear...when he felt something behind him...breathing on him.
He said he slowly turned his head to see what had sneaked up on him...
and found Curly almost on top of him...as if he was looking for the leak too..
Meet Curly
ommmm

13 comments:

Rubye Jack said...

Ah, he's so cute, but I sure wouldn't want him breathing on me. Ha.

turquoisemoon said...

Cute is hardly what I'd call a bull weighting over 2000 pounds. ;)

One Fly said...

I hope he had a spare pair of pants along.

turquoisemoon said...

Fly, That crossed my mind too, when he told me about it. hahaha It's funny now, but it really could have been a very bad thing...

One Fly said...

Would have scared the hell outta me and it's so much bigger than a spider.

turquoisemoon said...

Oooh yes...a tad bigger. Geez, I don't like even going up close to the bull pens. They just stare at you. But still, that spider would have had me running and screamin...

Introverted Art said...

oh, he is so cute! I would kiss him right on the snout... hmmm do bulls have snouts? :P But I know it can be scary to see the drought, the dry lake... I understand your BF's concern. My grandpa had a farm as well and a drought hit them and some of the animals died... not nice at all.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Curly's always glad to lend a hoof to help out.

turquoisemoon said...

Ana, I'd like to see you kiss Curly on the snout? hahaha...

Debra, It could have been a real disaster. Not only was it dangerous, but Curly had been wondering all around those holes. Geezzz...what if he'd fallen in one???

FOLKWAYS NOTEBOOK said...

Your ending is hilarious -- I laughed out loud. Curly actually is rather good looking. -- barbara

turquoisemoon said...

Barbara, Curly is a handsome dude, but from afar... :)

Ashling said...

Better cow than bear, but imagining that was a tense moment. Wishing you clear, cool water w/ nary a leak...

turquoisemoon said...

Ashling, Not a cow, a bull. A large bull...