Thursday, August 23, 2012

Pet Charity

Hahaha...pun intended!!!
This is my pet charity. 
Most of us have one...a charity that we love to donate to. 
Mine is to Art Unleashed. Every year I donate a piece of my artwork/craft to this event for their silent auction. It's a fun evening. Tons of fun art to look at while sipping on wine.
Food vendors also make fun, delightful food donations...so everyone can also have a bite to eat. 
The proceeds go to the KC Humane Society...by donating my artwork, I feel I'm really helping.
I make a piece, spending hours and hours in my garage cutting glass or whatever...staying out of trouble :)
This year I made a stained glass pug wall hanging for the event. Previewed on their web site on pg.17, item #161, if you are so inclined to check it out.
I'm hoping it brings in lots of $$$'s for my favorite charity...Also,  I have found that the people placing bids on the pieces are extremely generous.
KC is also the home of Hallmark Cards and many of those skilled artists freely donate projects for this event. And...talk about cool pieces...!!! I already have my eye on a few...
It's tomorrow night and I'm taking my granddaughter. She loves animals and shows some artistic skills and is just starting junior high...those scary years...
All we can do is point those young ones in the right direction and hope and pray they stay on a safe path...
ommmmm

12 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Sounds like a fun event!

Linda said...

What a fantastic idea!!! a fun time & helping our animals friends you can not ask for better . You should post a pic of what you made...I would love to see it!!

:)

turquoisemoon said...

Debra, It is fun! Art,Food,Wine and surrounded by people who love fur babies!!!

Linda, I don't know who came up with it, but it's great! It draws a lot of people and makes money for the humane society. They usually have dogs, at this event, needing adoption...just in case someone just might want one...:)

Linda Starr said...

What a great cause and like Linda I think it's a fantastic idea.

turquoisemoon said...

Linda, It's a wonderful event! It's a way that I can donate much more than my budget allows...

Introverted Art said...

wow, what a great event. I really like the idea of wine and dogs ;-)

turquoisemoon said...

Ana, Add chocolate and I'm there till they close the place...hahaha!

Randy said...

Awesome event.

One Fly said...

You have many talents - all good.

turquoisemoon said...

Randy, It is an awesome event. The KC Humane Society was the first no kill shelter in Kansas City. ...and then there's the wine... :)

Fly, (blushing)...aah shucks!!! hahaha!!!

NitWit1 said...

That is one of my favorite charities, too, and where I acquired our beloved Luckie who is now 14.

Their thrift shop receive some of my nicer donations.

A local computer club takes lunkers from anyone and convert them into basic usuable computers for the Humane Society and Salvation Army to see for about $50 so that poorer families' children have something, if not the latest thing to begin school.

A lot of my discards go there, too.

Please consider removing CAPTCHA. It takes 10 times to get one right...not worth the effort.

turquoisemoon said...

NitWit...I am so grateful to the people that devote themselves to this cause. I think I removed the captcha...not for sure tho. If you get a chance, check it and let me know. Honestly, I didn't even know it was on.