Monday, July 23, 2012

While I Waited

 While granddaughter rode the different rides at Silver Dollar City, I took pictures.
 I've been going to SDC since my boys were Alee's age. Not too much has changed...except me.
Again, photography has added a new dimension to my life. An old haunt, with new eyes...
 Gee...I'm having too much fun doing this! I got so many fun pictures...
County fairs start this weekend and I'm planning on going early in the mornings and no...not planning on hitting the midway.
It's 104degrees today and supposed to get up to 108 on Wednesday...(whew!) Hoping for a cold front to come in for the weekend. Maybe a cool 98???
 I bought one of these pie plates many, many years ago. Back then they only had one design.
 Candy canes. 
I did buy my annual supply of fudge...but it got eaten so it wouldn't melt. Sorry no pictures of fudge...hahaha!
 Refreshing pop iced down.
 Belts, hung up outside the leather shop.
And below are some shells that they sell near one of the water rides.
I'm thinkin that the reason so many people love photography is because, while they do it, they're in the present. The focus is in the now...not thinking about yesterday or tomorrow. 
ommmm

14 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

You have got a real photographer's eye! Love those shots!

Jane said...

There is strength in numbers - objects that would otherwise not be interesting on their own, take on a whole different personality as part of a group. I think you're right about why so many people like to photograph - great observation.

Teresa Evangeline said...

I think you're exactly right. It's a wonderful way to stay in the moment. And your photos are all Great! Very visually interesting. You have a good eye.

turquoisemoon said...

Debra, Oooh thank you so much. I'm enjoying this...

Jane, I know that when I'm taking pics, I don't even have to focus or concentrate. I just wish I could apply this to housecleaning...

Teresa, Thank you!!! Funny...now I really know how staying in the moment feels! and I love that feeling. I think/hope that this experience (being present) will merge into other aspects of my life.

Introverted Art said...

These shots are fantastic. What are the things with buttons on them? Or are they buttons for sale? They are beautiful and my favorite.

turquoisemoon said...

Ana, Those were for sale in the quilt shop. After I took the picture and showed it to the manager, she said she might do the same for advertising.

FOLKWAYS NOTEBOOK said...

turquoisemoon -- spectacular and fun photos! Let me repeat your words as I so believe in what you said, "I'm thinkin that the reason so many people love photography is because, while they do it, they're in the present. The focus is in the now...not thinking about yesterday or tomorrow." So very true for me as well as others -- barbara

turquoisemoon said...

Barbara, Thank you. Do you feel it??? When you're taking pictures, don't you feel very present???

Arkansas Patti said...

What a cool display of colors and shapes. You do have the eye.
Photography does sharpen your focus but it also narrows your vision. Well it does for me anyway. I'm sure you can multitask better than I.
I once took 500 pictures at a Super Star Athletic Competition in the Bahamas and could not tell you one person who won but it was a fun,intense time.

turquoisemoon said...

Patti, Wow! 500 pictures?!!! Now that would be intense. So far I don't feel that it has narrowed my vision, but I'm new to this. You need to post about your trip to the Bahamas...I'm sure there must be a story there.

One Fly said...

I am totally impressed! WOW. Feel very good about these. It is supposed to be fun.

turquoisemoon said...

Thanks Fly!!! I am having fun! I take my camera almost everywhere I go.

Creatively yours Fi said...

Fabulous photos.....amazing the colour and texture to be found in inanimate objects :)

turquoisemoon said...

Creatively yours...Thank you and thanks for stopping by. I will have to visit your blog!