Saturday, July 7, 2012

West Bottoms = Antiques


This area is called the West Bottoms.
It's a warehouse district here in KC.
This is my new favorite place on the first weekend of each month.
Antiques Galore!
I got there early to avoid the heat...it was only 98 degrees!
The place was packed. Guess everybody else had the same idea.
There were several food vendors on every street. Hot Dog, chips & drink was $4.00
During the Halloween season, this area also hosts several very scary places for the fearless, like The Edge of Hell...  Haunted houses galore..
I'm NoT fearless and will never go to one!
My find!!! 
In perfect condition, sparkly western purse for $4.00...
I left around noon and so did most of the crowd. The temperature was 104...Just miserable!
ommmm

11 comments:

Teresa Evangeline said...

Love the purse! Nice find. I once spent every spare minute at antique stores, but am out of the habit now. I may have to reinstate that one. It was fun.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Ride 'em, cowgirl!

turquoisemoon said...

Teresa, The purse is fun! I'm enjoying this, right now. Shopping is not one of my things, but this area is a fun place to go with my camera.

Debra, Yee Haw!!!

One Fly said...

The purse seems like a good deal to me. I don't look around much because buying is pretty much out of the picture unless it's needed but four bucks I can handle.

turquoisemoon said...

I don't normally buy anything. I also refrain from shopping, just don't like to shop. Also feel that it's buying into advertising propaganda..."if you buy this, you'll be happy/sexy/rich/pretty/whatever..."

Out on the prairie said...

A fun find, there is similar area in Omaha called the Old Market.

turquoisemoon said...

I've been thinking of taking my granddaughter to Omaha for a short weekend. I've heard lots about the zoo. I think I even remember reading something about Old Market when I was checking out what to so in Omaha.

Jane said...

If it was 104 at noon, I can only imagine how hot it eventually got! Ouch! Love the pics - esp that first one :) Your purse is fabulous - you'd hang onto it tight - I wouldn't be surprised if your granddaughter wants to trade in her wolf purse for it!

turquoisemoon said...

Jane, I love my purse. hahaha...no I won't trade it for my granddaughter's wolf purse. The highest it got (according to my car) was 107. A nearby bank posted 112. It's just miserable. I put water in my birdbaths and it just evaporates.

Arkansas Patti said...

I do believe you got a bargain. That looks like a one of a kind.
Know what you mean by this heat. The highest we have had so far was Friday at 113. It hasn't gotten under 100 in two weeks except when it finally rained the other day and it dropped 30 degrees while the rain came down. Hope you get a break soon.

turquoisemoon said...

Patti, It's been awful. Went to the farm with BF and corn crop is bad. Any rain scoots around us. It has cooled off today...85 to 90...pretty bad when you call that cooling off.