Monday, July 2, 2012

Unhappy Meals

I'm still not getting close enough for a good macro and the colors seem to just blend into the background. 
So...as you can see, I still need practice.
Closer is better...right???
The top picture, I needed to be closer.
The one below, probably a better angle??!!
 Closer, again...  :(
The colors would have been soooo beautiful on the picture below. Humpf!!!
I'll get there.
Ok...true confession time.
I love my grand babies, truly I do...but...OMG am I tired!
I've had toys all over my house. Eaten at McDonalds - double ugh!!! (the ones with play areas)
Cut up bite sized pieces, been to movies, Walmart for a promised toy, built things with Lincoln logs, hit in the butt with a nerf thingie, bought strange things at the grocery store (Juicy Juice, etc), had the cartoon channel on non-stop, lugged car seats, bath time horrors, had to enforce teeth brushing, bought the wrong cereal, watched Casper the Friendly Ghost as I drifted off to sleep (with 2 little feet firmly planted in my back) and last, but not least...ta dah!...went to Legoland. 
And...that sweet little voice---non stop!!!
A 5 year old little boy is simply not the same as an almost 12 little girl.
Anyway 2 down and 2 to go... the next two, we'll have them both over at the same time. And, BF MUST be here the entire time! They require us to be a tag team.
And I must add a big Thank You to Linda at Bohemian Pages for gifting me with The Sunshine Award. She has a most delightful blog...please check it out. Always fun and interesting stuff!!!
If she had seen me after Legoland, she would have given me a different award. One they give to grandparents who threaten little boys with Unhappy Meals...
ommmm

13 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

What we wouldn't give to have even a small fraction of a kid's energy, eh? They can just go, go, go 24/7 it seems like. Hang in there, grandma!

turquoisemoon said...

Debra, After I took him home, I took a nap. They, on the other hand, never get tired.

Jane said...

I'm exhausted just reading about it! I'm sure I'll enjoy them when they come along - but there's no hurry on my part :) At least they do go home eventually, lol!!

turquoisemoon said...

They're so sweet and love coming over. By the time they go home, I'm exhausted. I'm a very private person and almost never have the TV on. I think all the chatter/noise also lends itself to my exhaustion.

Arkansas Patti said...

Had to laugh, you are so like my sister. She is so excited to see the grands come but wore out by the time they leave.
Enjoy, you will have plenty of time to rest later.

Out on the prairie said...

I only do a few days at a time, my grandkids are younger. I miss that pitter patter when they leave and shower them with love over the phone often.

turquoisemoon said...

Patti, I enjoyed his visit too much... We played and played, but geez, I was so exhausted by the time I took him home.

Steve, Grandkids are the funnest, aren't they??!!!

One Fly said...

Don't think so much and go buy a new monitor to look at and appreciate these great pictures of yours that you don't like.

Linda Starr said...

I am worn out just reading this, now I know why they have senior housing, sometimes just he noise is hard to handle. Ha.

Linda Starr said...

I got so caught up with children I forgot to say something about your photos. When I take mine I always take several from different angles then I look at them at home and crop them to their best advantage, usually one comes out like I like but sometimes not.

turquoisemoon said...

Linda, I haven't tried cropping yet. I've played a tad with photoshop, but put untouched ones on here. I really want to get better, so honest, helpful comments are sooo welcomed. Thanks! I can understand why there is senior housing...hahaha!

Fly, hahaha! I think my monitor works just fine...I see your pics and other blogger friends pics and they look wonderful. I am, however, very critical of my own...

Linda Myers said...

After a few hours with my grands I am so tired I want to take a nap. I always think, "How did I ever manage to raise two boys as a single mother?"

Then I remember. I was several decades younger!

turquoisemoon said...

OOoh Linda, my thoughts exactly!