Monday, July 16, 2012

Tractor Tires

When BF and I first got together, I really didn't have a clue about tractors, farming, crops or cattle. I'm from the city. This was all new. I've had to google terms such as making hay, ear tags, creep feeder, etc.  Spring and fall calving confused me. Didn't really know what a heifer was, let alone a first time heifer.
This is the first time, in our relationship, that he's planted corn...so more terms to learn.
I'm still pretty new to much this as you can probably tell.
Early on in our relationship, BF called me with an emergency. He was mowing (again, what he calls mowing is a tad different than what I call mowing) a field really not too far from here and had a flat tire. He asked if I could run down, into the garage, and bring him the air pump.
I was so glad to help...felt kindof like a farm hand.
Sophie and I hopped into the car and headed out to help.
BF met me at the car as I was rolling down the window, with the air pump in hand. 
A bicycle tire air pump... :(
I didn't know that there were any other air pumps in the garage except the bicycle one, so I assumed that was the one he wanted.
Dang...an air pump is an air pump...right??? wrong...
The look on his face... ooooh, I wish I could describe that look...
The tire shown above is the front wheel of his smallest tractor.
Well...he should have explained better...
...and he should tell me when he puts new equipment in the garage...
...and he could use the exercise...
It was his fault, wasn't it???
ommmm

7 comments:

Out on the prairie said...

It would take a while with the hand pump,possibly all day.lots to learn it sounds.

Teresa Evangeline said...

A woman who would show up with a bicycle pump for a tractor tire? Must be true love! :)

turquoisemoon said...

Steve, Yes...lots!

Teresa, Hahaha...I was so embarrassed. But, hey...he just said to bring the pump that's down in the garage. I figured he knew what he wanted and didn't know that he had brought in another pump!

But...I tolerate his country stuff too! He's gotten two tickets for driving too slow. And...he brought in a rather large mower to mow my grass. All he did was twirl around in the yard, and ruin my grass...hahaha! We've both have had lots to learn.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Live and learn, LOL! I hope you both had a good laugh!

Introverted Art said...

I don't know why "creep feeder" just sounds wrong. I am like you, I know nothing of farm living. I am a city girl, but more and more desiring a farm life.

turquoisemoon said...

Debra, Ooh yes...we've had a lot of laughs.

Ana, I think it sounds wrong too!!! A farm life sounds romantic...but it's dirty. Everything poops everywhere!!! I wear muck boots every minute I'm down there.

Linda Starr said...

Only experience would tell you, did he mean an air tank, I've learned about those. Gary has a small one that holds air for when we had a much smaller tractor and then he also has a portable air pump but much bigger than a bicycle one.

tickets for driving too slow, yikes, never a dull moment.