Thursday, May 31, 2012

Fairy Garden Time


This is my inspiration!
Every year, a local nursery creates an incredible fairy garden. It's in a huge cement trough, so they've got lots of room to be extremely creative. They build paths, ponds, and even a small creek runs thru it.




This is mine from last year. I don't have a cement trough, but I use the top of a birdbath. (I drilled holes in it for drainage).  Mine is different every year too, but of course on a smaller scale. 
Normally, I make it my herb garden and call it farming...hahaha!
But this year, I'm thinking of putting in a few small mirrors (ponds) and planting flowers.
Herbs??? Flowers??? Both???
hmmmm...





11 comments:

Jane said...

Oh me oh my... LOVE it!! I am crazy for fairy houses, a village would probably be more than my heart could handle. Personally, I think you need both, a pond and some greenery. Can't wait to see what you come up.

turquoisemoon said...

So far, I've bought a few flowers and some lavender. I'll get the mirror tomorrow, plant this stuff, then fill in with greenery. Last year, I allowed for growth and my garden ended up looking sparse all summer. This year, I'm going to over plant, then prune back as the summer progresses.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

So whimsical! I hope the fairies make good tenants.

Arkansas Patti said...

How adorable. Love the idea of ponds. Please take pictures.

turquoisemoon said...

Debra, Don't know if it's fairies or birds that mess it up and take things from it...thinkin it might be the birds. All kidding aside, the birds love it and try to take my little fairy stuff. I have to tie some of the things down.

Patti, I'll post pics when I get it done. It's fun and the grand kids love it.

Linda said...

Oh this is so cute...what a great idea using the birdbath...mmmmm I think the herbs are a great choice...I like the clear stones for the path...I may have to steal that idea...:)

Can't wait to see it with the plants!!!

XO

turquoisemoon said...

Linda, Go for it!!! I don't use a stand for it. Mine is right on the ground, eye level for my grand kids.

NitWit1 said...

I love miniatures especially towns, trains, doll houses ,etc. They fascinate me with their detail.

turquoisemoon said...

Ooh NitWit, I do too. Funny about being fascinated by them...I guess a lot of people are.

Introverted Art said...

This is absolutely fantastic!!!!!!!! So beautiful and creative. I love the pond idea, makes is so whimsical and realistic.

turquoisemoon said...

Intro, Birds are a real problem. They steal anything not attached. But, it's fun to even watch them around the garden. I do love the herbs,and use them...