Saturday, April 21, 2012

A Pound of Fat

I started a diet at the end of January. 
I am amazed at how weight just creeps up on you. 
5 pounds...gee, better get rid of it. Oooh, out to dinner, sure!!! Yep, I'm game for Italian!
10 pounds...gosh, better start watching what I eat. Oooh...treat bake-off at work??? ...and you want me to be one of the judges. Sure...sounds fun!
15 pounds...Oooh my, nothing fits!!! We're going out??? hmmmm...I'll run out and get the next size larger, then I promise I'll start eating healthy again.
20 pounds...GEEZ...Nothing fits again! Birthday bash at my sister's house. I'll bring the cake! to go with the homemade ice cream. We're having tacos??? I'll bring the guacamole and chips. 
25 pounds...OK...This is the last time I'm going to get a larger size, I'm gonna start my diet tomorrow...
Tomorrow....
So I finally started a for real diet.
NO canned veggies or fruit, only fresh. And, no fruit after 6:00.
All food is weighed. No pork, seasonings (cept natural), no dairy, no soda, no.....etc. etc. etc.
Meat only twice a week, and not on the same day as 1% cottage cheese
The rules go on and on...It hasn't been fun, and...I can't call it anything but a diet. It can be a life style change when I get to my goal, but right now,  it's a diet. I haven't been hungry, but I'm also not happy. This has been very hard, but gosh!!! I've lost 25 pounds in less than 3 months!!!
I did Weight Watchers, but had hit a plateau, so I had to change to something else and this little puppy worked.
I've got 3.2 pounds to goal!!!! ...and, will never, ever, ever put the weight back on again.
Now, that I've said, "Never"...let me tell you about BF. He's a feeder. He feeds cattle, sheep, friends, relatives, Sophie and me. They talk about this person at my meetings. He thinks there is something really wrong and possible "sick" if I don't eat ice cream. He thinks the perfect reward for me losing weight is a trip to Dairy Queen. He thinks we should eat dessert first...before supper. His reasoning for this is, at our age, we may not live till supper...hahaha!!! He loves taking me to diners, serving fried chicken, potatoes and gravy and homemade pies. He loves buffets and wants me to eat our money's worth. 
I'm not an innocent bystander...I went right along with all of this.
So here's my plan...I'll finish up and lose the 3.2 pounds on this program. They have their own maintenance program, but I really don't want to do it...I want to do weight watchers. I'll be limited to 1500 calories per day...if I walk at least 30 minutes, 3/4 times a week (this is no problem)
OOoooh...here's one teeny problem...I'm going to Santa Fe, next week, and already thinking about green chili with huevos!!! And...Quiero un postre, por favor...

14 comments:

Teresa Evangeline said...

You've lost 25 lbs. AND you're going to SF next week? OK, now I'm motivated for the weight loss and the trip, maybe in the fall. Have a great time! Tell us all about it.

turquoisemoon said...

Teresa, You know I love NM. I'm going with a girlfriend from work. I can't wait to see "art"... to go to all the churches, and go to several pueblos. Did I mention turquoise???

One Fly said...

Oh my. Good and all I can say is that very seldom does the food I eat give me proper satisfaction.

I can look fondly back at so much good food but now it's just different to me.

Dreyers Rocky Road was all I wanted and every night. Would only buy it when it was 2 for 1 and I would get 6 sometimes 8 half gallons. When I went through checkout I'd say my kids were having a party. They knew I was lying.

You can do this TMoon but no has to mean no.

Friends are opening a restaurant soon. My 2 cents worth was to hell with the health thing they can do that at home. Keep the fat in it and they'll come back again and again.

turquoisemoon said...

Fly, No does have to mean no...you are so right!!! I'm taking apples and oranges to snack on while I'm in SF. I worked too hard to blow it now. Fresh food and portion control...but I'm not taking that damned scale with me to NM.

Murr Brewster said...

If you think like me, you'll go for the green chile and then slab on some ice cream on the theory that you can't gain ten pounds in one day. Let me know how it works out.

turquoisemoon said...

Murr, That's the truth... The voice in the head tells us all sorts of stuff. Yes, I'll post my results.

Arkansas Patti said...

Wow, I am so impressed. Way to go and I hope NM doesn't lure you away from your plan.
I have always been a boredom eater. I lost a pound a day with my company. Properly entertained, I could be model skinny.
Stick with the maintenence, you have worked too hard.

turquoisemoon said...

Patti, I'm a boredom eater at home too. So what I'm saying is that I can't blame it all on BF.

Out on the prairie said...

It is hard to do, I limit amounts and with my schedule it is hard to not eat at midnight as I did last night.Fresh is the main way I eat all produce and lots of walking helps me.

turquoisemoon said...

Steve, Processed food is a real villain. Carbs and sodium is what they took me off of. So fresh is about all that's left. I've started walking with my Sophie. We both love it.

Ashling said...

I so admire and applaud your dedication! I'm dealing with alot of major food changes at the moment and it's a breeze compared to what you're doing. Sounds so complicated and yet you've mastered it and have success to show for it...that's awesome!

turquoisemoon said...

Ashling, It was not fun and I whined a lot!!!

Linda said...

That is so cool!! Congratulations!!!! I started WW the first of March and have lost 9 lbs so far...I really like it...I do the online thing so I make sure I get everything down when I eat...I think twice about what I put in my mouth,...but boy with the food out there it is hard...even when your eating natural...I love me granola...LOL.... Great Job TM that is some hard work....:) and I love how you wrote it out...it sneaks up on you for sure...

turquoisemoon said...

Linda, if you hit a plateau on WW, holler at me and I can give you a plateau breaker from my program. I'm so ready to get back on WW... Writing down everything you eat is good... And, you are so right about the food being so good. There was a great looking cake & recipe on my FB...geez, I wanted it...all of it!!!