Thursday, November 10, 2011

My Morning

She didn't "come" when I called her.
When I spotted her in the back yard, she was layin low...maybe she thought I wouldn't see her.
I've never seen a dog walk as slow as she was walking and I knew right then that something was up.
My brother blames LD. Many years ago, he brought his precious, spoiled pom over and she rolled in LD's poop, something she had never done before. He claimed that LD taught her this...I simply stated that rolling in stuff is a dog's nature. Nope, he blamed LD.
It's been over a year since LD's passing, but he is still blamed for any rolling in "stuff". I even blamed him this morning, or at least thought of him as Sophie slowly walked to the door. She knew what she had done...but did it anyway. I have no idea what it was, but it obviously was dead and I'm sure she thought she smelled gooood.
My comment to her was, "oooh Sophie..." and she hunkered down as if I was going to beat her. Noooo...she's never even been swatted, so why does she do this??? Just look at those sad eyes. She's soooo abused????!!!! NOT!!!
I made her stay outside while I drew her bath, but she knew right off what was going to happen. Once inside, she avoided my commands...she wouldn't even "come".
I have to close the door because if she gets a chance, she'll bolt. She'll run thru the house, shaking water, and rubbing on whatever to get that smell off of her. In the summer, she's been known to run outside and roll in dirt.
I think her doggie shampoo smells good, but obviously she doesn't.
My relaxed morning came to abrupt end. I'll meditate later...
ooommm....

10 comments:

MyShilohRanch said...

Silly Sophie! She is SOOO cute ... the do so know, don't they? But they cannot help it. How strongly our lower natures influence us. hahaha Sorry, can't help but laugh. I have 4 dogs and they so often get into things they shouldn't. I can imagine their little minds, "is it worth the consequences, that are sure to follow to do this??? ... heck YEAH!!!" XO

Teresa Evangeline said...

Dogs and bath time, not something I look forward to, but once Buddy gets settled into the idea, he likes it. Of course, he's a retriever and so... He does love to roll in poop, especially bear poop. That's what dogs do, roll in poop and anything else that doesn't smell too good, every chance they get. I sometimes forget that Buddy's not a boy, but a dog. And try to remember what makes him a dog, his instincts. They also seem to know when they have done something that we won't be too happy about. Poor Sophie. Poor Mama! :) Another opportunity they give us to live in the moment. I get several of those a day.

turquoisemoon said...

Teresa, I agree...I forget that Sophie is not really a princess, but a dog. Yes, an opportunity to live in the moment, a good way to look at it.
Susan, Don't ya just wonder what those minds are thinking??? We've watched Sophie and have put words to her actions. Talk about funny...

Out on the prairie said...

Mine finds tings you can't see just smell.Must be some sort of comfort.

Tracy said...

oh my goodness, dogs...but you gotta love 'em :) you can always rest tomorrow!

Manzanita said...

I''m sure Sophie was really proud of herself, thinking she now smelled so good. When I was last at the ranch, Cody rolled in fresh cow poop. Real good! She was green with it. She was proud of herself too.

Linda Starr said...

One of my cats nuzzles up to one leg of our bed and caresses it like it was a lover. I have no idea what the fragrance is on that bed, but he just loves it. Past dogs we had have done some of the same things amazing creatures they are. One dog we had Gary would throw rocks into the river and she could get the exact rock he threw and retrieve it amoung hundreds of rocks all the same size. Sophie is so cute; I think some of the shampoos make their skin itch or something.

Kittie Howard said...

Do you remember Art Linkletter's show, "Kids Say the Darndest Things?" How about "Dogs (and Cats) Do the Darndest Things?" LOL! Just when I'd think my cats were people, they'd pull a cat stunt (and would be quite proud of it)! Humph!

Teresa Evangeline said...

So, is today the big day? I read your comment on Isherwood's blog. Happy Birthday!

turquoisemoon said...

Hey Teresa, Thanks!!! Yes, the 12th was my birthday. I do hope Isherwood goes for "it" whatever "it" is. You were so right in your statement to him...