Tuesday, October 4, 2011




"The Mountains are calling and I must go." - John Muir

Ok...I'm off to Manitou Spring at 6:00am tomorrow morning.
Meeting my sister and brother in Manitou for dinner. This really wasn't planned. My sister called to tell me that she was heading there just last week. Then my brother called, saying the same. BF thinks it was planned, but it really wasn't...it just happened that we all planned to be in Manitou this week. I really think it's kind of strange. You know, if we had tried to plan a vacation or even tried to hook up for a dinner while on vacation, we couldn't have gotten it worked out.
The next day, my sister is heading for Albuquerque. My brother is heading for Estes Park and we're heading for Moab.
We'll be gone for about a week, then I'm dropping BF off and heading for Tennessee. I'll be there for about a week...you're not going to believe this, but I'm hooking up with BF's X. We're going to go to a huge craft festival in Gatlinburg. I've never been to the Smokey's so it ought to be fun.
I know...BF's X???? yep...gosh it was over 30 years ago when they were divorced. They kept it very civil and both moved on. They do, however, have a son and he and his family live here so we see each other quite often. Anyway, we really hit it off and have tons of fun when together, so we said..."Why Not???"

7 comments:

Teresa Evangeline said...

My ex once lived in Manitou Springs and now lives in Moab (JB whom I refer to, and with whom I'm still friends). I love both those towns. This sounds like a ton of fun! Have a great time!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Of course you should go to a giant craft sale with BF's ex! I love it when people are civilized and mature about things.

Have fun!

Rubye Jack said...

Why not?
The photos look like a nice little beautiful town. Have a great trip!

Out on the prairie said...

Manitou sounds real nice, i lived there and could see Pikes Peak out my living room window.You are putting on the miles, i am very envious, so have fun, lots of it.

One Fly said...

A serious good for you and have way too good of a time. I need to get out for a few days. Weather is a bit iffy right now for me.

YELLOWDOG GRANNY said...

the smokies are amazing.

turquoisemoon said...

YD, I'm excited to go there. Hope I don't run into snow like I did in the Rockies.
Fly, Great time and iffy was snow!!! and 27degrees at one point.
Steve, Manitou was beautiful. I wanna go back real soon and shop. BF isn't into shopping...