Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Wednesday Dash

Coffee...aaaahhhh!!!


A quiet moment on my deck. It's a cool morning, refreshing... In a few minutes I'll start my morning meditations. Then I hear it...that grating noise, the stop/the go...quickly it gets closer....


My mind snaps from a meditative, enjoyable moment to the present....


Ohhh my gawd...it's trash day!!!


The rumble is getting closer and I'm still in my jammies. No way can I be seen in my jammies, so I run and grab my bulky, coffee stained, red fluffy robe. Better throw on my Birkenstocks, the little rocks on my driveway could kill me. Hustle...it's right up the street now... OK, I have time to grab that last bag of trash, the one with last night onion peels, that's still in the kitchen. OK, maybe I don't have time...run!!! Down the steps, to the garage. I hear the truck, maybe two or three houses away, I hit the garage door opener. The onion smell is all around me now. I'm glad I took the time to grab it. The door slowly, very slowly, comes awake...the dash continues. I drive the bin to the end of the drive and I actually see the face of the driver. Is that a smirk on his face? or just a look of fear???


I made it! I won the Wednesday Dash!


We've all seen those pictures of the "Walmart people" and laughed, felt compassion, whatever... Now I'm just sayin... if they ever come up with "Trash Day people", you'll all see me.

12 comments:

One Fly said...

It can't be as scary as it sounds - is it?

turquoisemoon said...

Fly, Be afraid, very scary!

Manzanita said...

Too funny. Like the old stand up comedian, Henny Goodman when he does, Take my wife. She runs after the trash man in her robe and curlers, and yells, "am I too late for the garbage?" Garbage man says, "no, hop in." NYUK NYUK.

turquoisemoon said...

Manz, I remember that! I've run after the trash truck more than once and have thought of that. I had forgotten that it was Henny Goodman.

Sandy Jorgensen said...

Ours changed to Friday and for some reason, it gets done better than on the old Wednesday. HA, you probably looked very sexy to the driver!

Teresa Evangeline said...

Yeah, I'm thinking you gave the guy a good reason to be a trash man. I go to the landfill with mine, recyclables and all. There's something about it that appeals to me. I 'spose I should blog about that. :) I'll be on the lookout for that first entry in "people of trash day."

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That gets the old heart pumping first thing in the morning, doesn't it?

Arkansas Patti said...

Was all ready giggling and Manzi put my over the edge. I hadn't heard that one. Think I will google "people on trash day".
Not sure this will post but I will try.
Nope?? Ok--one more try.

turquoisemoon said...

Sandy, No...not sexy, noooo waaaay!!!
Teresa, That would be a very good blog. And, if there's pics of "people of trash day", I'm the one in the red robe!!! ha ha ha
Debra, Heart was pumping and sweat popping out on upper lip. Not a pretty picture.
Patti, Both you and Manzi keep me in stitches.

Linda Starr said...

Omg, I am laughting hysterically not at you, but with you, we must get that trash out before they leave for sure, I always wondered why they say to get it out the night before, now I know why. but the trash guys have seen it all, and I will join you in the trash days movie, the other day I had my panties and tshirt and stood in the screen front porch and they were driving by and looking and looking and then I looked down and realized I forgot my long pants, omg. It's too darn hot here for any robes or clothing at all, thank goodness I had some clothing on.

turquoisemoon said...

Linda, Sounds like you and I will become stars of the "people of trash day"...LOL ha ha ha

NitWit1 said...

Not sure my comment made it--will try one more time. My husband is trash detail man. We put it out the night before pickup early morning, in animal/human deterrent cans.Yes we have a few perverted humans who occasionally sift through our garbage in this little town of 2000.

My current DASH is keeping physician appointment in a timely manner which require drivine. THE DASH to the car is preceeded by a Easter Egg Hunt for purse, keys, papers, prescription bottles needing refills, etc, none of which are every in the same place at any given time.

Mercifully driving glasses are no longer needed due to cataract surgery. I can buy enough Dollar Store reading glasses to put in car, purse, with Kindle, etc.

By the time I find all the above and any post-visit shopping lists, and DASH to the car, I am in worse shape than when I started.