Friday, June 3, 2011

Heavy Snow Delays Opening

Here in the Midwest, we soon forget about winter. It's hot and humid right now and my air conditioner is humming away. I don't live near any flooding, but this morning on the news, I saw the areas that are expecting flood waters and have started to prepare. Other areas have already been hit.



I love RMNP and keep up with the local Estes Park news. They usually try to open Trail Ridge Road by Memorial Day weekend...but, as you can see, that did not happen. Road crews said that this was the most snow that they've encountered in 30 years. They hope to have the road open sometime in early June. In fact, it stated that there was more snow now, than earlier in May.



Wow!!! how would you like this job???
When this melts, it's got to go somewhere!!!

This spring season has seen some bad weather. Floods and tornado's.

My area has been hit with hail...I will have to get a new roof. Not to worry. I am insured. But, as I drive around my city, I'll bet there were close to 1000+ homes getting new roofs/siding. Insurance rates have got to skyrocket!!! Don't ya just wonder where/when it's going to stop??? Am I alone in worrying?
Have I been finally corrupted by Fox News?
BF has it going (stereo) in 3 rooms...
A girlfriend is really into conspiracy theories and mentioned Haarp. Has anyone ever heard of this? It's supposed to be something being used to cause weather catastrophes. Hmmm...
She also talks about chem trails..and she's a liberal???
So I sit here thinking about these things with Fox news rambling on about how bad things are and then a friend comments about different conspiracy theories...What is really going on? or is there anything going on?
Fox on the right/conspiracy on the left
Is it all just fear?
Ya know, it's easy to control people when they're afraid.








4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Fox BS . . . conspiracy theories . . . yadda yadda yadda . . . and yet the one thing that science says is disrupting the environment, global warming, oh no, no one believes in that!

We're all friggin nuts you know.

One Fly said...

These powerful entities do bad things. I put nothing past them. What I can say for sure is that I have seen weather patterns change more than once in my life time. This has been a very unusual winter and spring here.

This is what it's like in Da Boat now. Steamboat Springs is not far as the crow flies from RMNP. As TMoon points out there are historic numbers there and here as well and it's all starting to come down now.

Another thing I believe is fair to say and that is weather patterns are never going to be the same as they were. They have forever changed and you do not have to be a scientist to be able to see that.

I literally hate the fux whore news entities who deny mathematics and science and mind screw a willing populace so as always corporations,the top1% and never ending war become the norm.

turquoisemoon said...

Debra, I watched that documentary by Al Gore about global warming. He was just laughed at by so many...I'm not laughing!!!
Fly, "Powerful entities do bad things" Yep!!! I've been reading more about Haarp and <> it sure makes you wonder. We had the strangest tornado situation in KC last week. I've lived here for hmmmm..many??? years and never saw anything like it. There were about 20 sightings all over the city... Normally just one big cell comes thru, but 20???

Linda Starr said...

Old timers are saying our weather now is like it was back in the 40s and 50s, I look at all that snow and being from California previously, I think at least the ground water will be replenished and reservoirs will be full. history does repeat itself, perhaps that history is beyond what our lifetime is and beyond when any were recording measurements of the weather, maybe back when the dinosaurs roamed and later disappeared.