Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Advise From An Astrologer-Keep Your Legs Crossed

Nicholas is going to be born this week and the excitement is mounting.
Last Friday, my daughter in law announced that her doctor is going to induce labor this week. And, like all good grandmothers to be, I got out my ephemeris to check out the planets. All grandmothers do this, don't they? Well you do if you're the old hippy, astrologer type.
Now...I really don't have too much say about when a baby is born, and I'm sure her doctor would bat his eyelashes at my request, or at least the reason for my request...but...
I called her back and asked her to wait/cross her legs/relax...whatever, till after Tuesday. The moon is in Capricorn right now...mmm...uncomfortable placement.
I've always found that people born with this moon sign have a tendency to be...unhappy.
Most have lost a parent (either emotionally or for real) in childhood. Never-the-less, there are feelings of abandonment.
The fun part about doing readings at the Ren Fest is that you get to "test" yourself and astrology itself on complete strangers. Of course you can do a reading for your friends or family and do it with accuracy, but again, the real test is when you read for strangers...
So, when I called her back and suggested that any day after Tuesday would work, there was hint of silence from her end. I had to laugh!!! No, I'm not trying to arrange the birth of your child around my schedule. Bless her heart, she politely listened, then laughed. She knows I'm a tad "different" and expected this. I didn't go into details, as she doesn't really believe in astrology (states her newspaper horoscope is never right) but, ended up scheduling Wednesday (tomorrow)...much to my relief.
I'm excited to welcome this new baby into our lives... He'll be very different from their Virgo, first born. I think the first thing I'll do is kiss his little Dr. Spock ears...ha ha ha...!!!

10 comments:

Kittie Howard said...

I'm excited for you (and happy daughter scheduled wisely), Lynn. Looking forward to some photos. Newborns are like kittens, so innocent, so unaffected...true blessings!

Manzanita said...

I totally agree. Moon in Capricorn is far too stern and runs away from their emotions. But they're great organizers and tend to make a lot of money. If she waits until after Tues.... Moon in Aquarius..... the baby will be a whiz in electronics or a little rebel. If she can hold off until Friday, he'll probably be an actor or director in films... or how about a dancer or a priest? Ha
I love astrology, too but I try to keep it quiet as people think I'm weird enough anyway. Spread the good word with photos when the baby is born. Of course, you will.
Love and Peace....Manzanita

turquoisemoon said...

Kittie, Thank you and of course I'll post pics.
Manzanita, I know the feeling about keeping quiet when it comes to astrology. I've always been considered "different"... Now that I'm older maybe I could be described as "a tad eccentric". Either way, people think I'm weird too. ha ha ha!!! Ooh, and I'm glad you offered the positive side of moon in Capricorn. I usually do but didn't this time. I was too focused on just the negatives. I hate it when I do that....

Debra She Who Seeks said...

You're a good Grandma already, watching out for your grandbaby's astrological happiness!

Out on the prairie said...

They had a person on the other day who said our charts may be off since all the info was started with planet positions so long ago. They said to compare with recent star charts to recognize we may all be late. I wondered if the computer program she used is taking slight shift of the planet into account, even though it seems so on the money to me.

turquoisemoon said...

Steve, Here's what I've learned about that. Astrological signs are not defined by the constellations you see in the sky. What I've read is that in antiquity, both astrological & astronomical thinking were based on insufficient data, so names of constellations were paired with astrological signs. Astrological signs do not line up with the constellations like they did way back then, due to the precession of the equinoxes. Western astrologers understand this. We deal with the movements of the planets in our own solar system defined by the relationship between the Earth and Sun. In a nutshell, astrologers don't deal with constellations. Steve, this is a difficult concept to understand. I've had to read and reread this info to understand it. I've also visited with several professional astrologers, as I'm of the typical? kitchen variety of astrologers.
By the same token, I don't follow or place much signifacance on newspaper astrological predictions. I have my own theories about daily predictions...ha ha ha!

turquoisemoon said...

Debra, I want to be a good grandma. I really hope that they understand that I'm there for them, no matter their beliefs, political view, career choices, city/county, color, sexual orientation or sun sign...xoxox

Tracy said...

Awww, congratulations...whenever the little tyke is born, you will be extremely blessed! Enjoy every minute and have fun waiting!

Arkansas Patti said...

Hay, I say cover all your bases. Natural you have no choice, induced you do. Glad you got your stay.
Soon Grandma.

turquoisemoon said...

Tracy and Patti, This is exciting!!! Camera, reading material and knitting project is ready and by the door. Can't wait till we head out for the hospital...