Saturday, October 30, 2010

Happy Halloween


Got my treats ready to go. We've got tons of little ones in my neighborhood and they're just too cute. Sophie, my cairn terror, thinks it's all about her. She gets so excited. She watches from the front door and alerts me when some kids are near. With tail wagging, she greets each group. After 8ish the teens start coming... They're not as cute and I'm watchful for tricks. At 9:00 we shut it down.
I'm trying to stay out of my treats...Butterfingers are a big weakness of mine. I just happen to have ice cream and doesn't a homemade Butterfinger blizzard sound yummy??? Hope everybody has a safe and fun Trick or Treat Day...
xoxox

5 comments:

Arkansas Patti said...

Darling cartoon. You are so lucky to have kids trick or treating. I have always lived way out in the country and have never had the pleasure.
How nice to have a friendly warning system.
Love those Butterfingers also. Try to save some for the kids.

Teresa Evangeline said...

I have a bag of Reese's PB Cups in the freezer, just in case some kids stop by. Heaven help me, if they don't! Love the pic! :) T

I Wonder Wye said...

We are all ready -- and nary a trick or treater yet!! We live in the country but last year had a few groups...:(

turquoisemoon said...

It's 9:20 and my door is now closed and the lights are off. Fun night, lots of groups. The little ones are the very cutest!!! Funny...Sophie, with tail wagging, barked at all of them. No one was afraid of her and almost all of them reached down to pet her. She loves the kids so much :)

Linda Myers said...

I'm your newest follower - found you through Teresa Evangeline.