Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Feng Shui of Cactus

I've been
transplanting my cactus...it's a prickly job, but I had to get it done. Actually I was hoping to do it on the deck, but it's still a little too cool to be out there so I'm working on this project in the middle of my kitchen floor. What a huge mess! I found a new pair of gloves, and was all excited to use them. I touched a few of my cactus while wearing them and thought "wow" the needles didn't go thru...no hurts!
Wrong.......
Right in the middle of transplanting the biggest one, "OUCH" && "HELP"
BF came to my rescue...he had to hold the pot, while I grabbed newspaper. It still hurt, but we got it done. OOoo..I should say, "got er done"...
Afterwards, he came up with an idea for transplanting the larger cactus...didn't like it because I don't want to damage the plant. His idea is kind of like lassoing the poor little critter with rope...transplanting cowboy style. ha ha ha!!!




Nope...thinkin I'll just be more prepared next time. I just thought that the new gloves would work..bummrrr



The turtle one is my favorite. I found this planter at a store that was going out of business...On Sale, so I got it cheap and I do love cheap. I got the talavera one at the same store.
I love my deck plants and I especially love my cactus. I think they've got a special beauty. A quiet beauty... Most people don't oooh or aaah over cactus, but I do. A collection of cactus always takes me to the southwest and the mountains. I am transported to a place of vacation, a place of tranquility... a quiet place!
Now...let's think about the feng shui of my cactus. I've read that the needles are like arrows and may be kind of bad...
hmmm...I think my love for them and my intention (hopefully) overcomes this. I like them on my deck...I like peace and tranquility in my back yard and deck area. I've read that they're good for protection and security of the home. ...and I've read that they're great for use to shift a stressful energy of one person to something more comfortable. Well...let's just say that rowdy neighbors, the ones with the scary dogs and children with behavioral problems have moved.
Is it me or my cactus??? ha ha ha...


4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

The turtle planter is adorable and just perfect for a cactus garden!

Teresa Evangeline said...

I once rented a house SE of SF, where I took care of the owners cacti. All manner of them filled the glassed-in porch, some I'd never seen before. I loved that room. Put a bed out there for hot summer nights. These look great!

Kittie Howard said...

What a beautiful cacti collection. And, you're right, they are serene, very peaceful, just like your blog. Love all the planters!! And is that a Botswana basket I see in the background in the top photo??? Fabulous!

turquoisemoon said...

Kittie, that's a Papago basket. I used to own a Southwest decor store. I still have tons of Native American and Southwest stuff. I sell it on a web site named...dah dah...Turquoise-Moon.
Debra, how are you doing? Hope you're feeling better...sure have missed your posts...
Teresa, tad jealous that you used to live in SF.