Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Cyber Vacation


It's been cold, rainy and dreary here in the K.C. area. I've been in spring mode, happily working in my yard and on my deck, but this weather has me sitting inside, wrapped up in an afghan and sipping coffee, thinking...dang it!!! I'm cold... What to do??? I know...I'll run off to Madrid.

Madrid, New Mexico that is....

With a click...I was on my way.
I found a new website...oooh joy!!!
A few clicks later, I was inside each shop, mentally laughing, shopping, visiting with the various storekeepers. I was checking out jewelry, rugs, pottery, rock fountains, clothes, folk art, photography, cowboy stuff, sculptures, meditation supplies, paintings... you know...all the stuff...the fun stuff!
I went from store to store, clicking and enlarging.
...an hour or so later, I was hungry (all that shopping...whew!!!!)
off to the kitchen, my kitchen...my southwest kitchen!!! hmmm...something with guacamole, hmmm... OK...huevos rancheros!!!

7 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Now THAT'S the way to take a virtual vacation!

MyShilohRanch said...

Thanks for the "roadtip!" I could freely spend many virtual dollars in that town!! Fun, thanks TM!

Arkansas Patti said...

Good idea, a virtual vacation. Sure easier on the pocketbook.

Stark Raving Zen said...

Wonderful! :)

Kittie Howard said...

Ahhh, you left home without American Express!

Teresa Evangeline said...

Sounds like a great idea and Madrid is a cool little town.

My Grama's Soul said...

I stumbled on you thru Grama Yellow Hair, and I am so glad I did. I be back again so I can get to know you better.