Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sister Rosa - The Reading - Part 2

Sister Rosa’s “reading” room was sparsely decorated. A small table with two chairs facing each other was located at one end. Around the table was an assortment of crystals, candles, angel figurines, pictures of saints and angels, shells and tarot cards. We sat facing each other.
Did I want a psychic reading or did I want to use the cards? I chose the cards. The cards were shuffled and I’m thinking she smudged them. I really can’t remember. I made my selection and the reading began.
She described the past. Described everything as if she had been there. Told me all about the previous year and what I was going thru at that time. She described my current feelings and the various dilemmas that I was immediately facing.
Then came her biggest revelation…Sister Rosa told me that my dead husband had not moved on. That he lingered near me. She said that he needed to be on his way, but that it would be difficult. It would take several visits and that she needed to find specific crystals. There had to be a ceremony for the crystals. After that, more ceremonies would be needed for my husband. And, she said that it would not be cheap. The future? Well, it would probably work out fine…but only after the various prescribed ceremonies had been completed.
Talk about shock…I sat there in complete silence. I never agreed with anything, added anything or even make a comment. I just listened, but was thinking…Was this a scam? How did she know? Did I say anything to anybody? Do I know anybody who knows Sister Rosa? I was then told that in my case, the future would be discussed only after he had made his journey. That was the most important thing…
Funny, I knew this, had felt this, dreamed this.
I thanked her, and told her that I would have to think about all she had said. I told her that I lived pretty far away and that I didn’t know if it would be possible for me to do all the things that she described. She didn’t push or try a more persuasive technique to get me to follow her instructions. She simply shrugged and looked at me as if to say…I tell it as I see it.
I left her room and headed outside to breathe.
After my cousin got her reading, we sat in the car and talked. My cousin couldn’t believe all the amazing things she had been told. Inheriting property??? Could that be possible? (Yes, she did inherit some property and it came as a complete surprise to her. It happened later that summer, as described by Sister Rosa). We shared our readings as we drove to Chimayo, hardly seeing any of that magnificent area.
Once in Chimayo, I decided to buy a cross. Just felt a need to do this. I found the perfect one and was paying for it, when the lady at the register told me that Father was getting ready to say mass and could bless it for me. Perfect… El Santuario de Chimayo cross and blessing. I headed for the church, a holy place of miraculous healings….

5 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

How eerie, her accuracy. And yet how creepy, her willingness to profit from your vulnerability.

turquoisemoon said...

It was creepy, but wait till you hear what happens at Chimayo.

Arkansas Patti said...

She pretty much had me till the "expensive" part came into being. That made me tend to agree with Debra but am anxious to hear the rest.

Kittie Howard said...

Hmmm, Sister Rosa seemed to turn into Wall Street. But really curious to see how this ends.

Stark Raving Zen said...

Okay, been away for a week, so I haven't read your latest entry. I have to say, I get a very dark feeling from Sister Rosa. In my experience, it doesn't take money to help a spirit pass over. That's not to say that Rosa doesn't need to make a living, but I feel she takes it too far. Let's see where this is going. Off to read the latest in this installment...