Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Smart Mouth Cindy

BF on Smart Mouth Cindy.
The picture below is of one of the young ladies competing with no reins. The money earned from this particular event goes to the NCHA Youth.
I got to sit next to the judge. A no-nonsense kind of guy....You get an entirely different view from the judges stand. Errors really stand out.



BF and friend warming up. He bought Cindy a couple of months ago but hasn't had much time to ride due to work. Seems like he works all the time. Business and farm. This is a well deserved get-a-way for him.
...anyway, he won his Saturday's class with a 72. It's been a long time since he's competed, so he felt pretty good about that win. Sunday, the calf got away from him...
oooh..and btw, golfer Tom Watson, competed for the first time at this show. Got a 65....not bad. His wife, Hillary, is a regular and is very good.

Is she not wonderful? ...and she smells sooo good...
It's been said that the outside of a horse is good for the inside of a man (or woman-ha!)
BF is going to teach me to cut...to really ride a horse, he says...
Now, I might mention here that I've shown AQHA for about 15 years, but not western. I did, however, wear a cowboy hat in Showmanship and Horsemanship....

This was lots of fun and I really do want to learn to cut....but, I'm going to wait till next spring, when the ground gets soft again. Seems like I come off a horse rather easily...LOL..well not easily. I didn't learn to ride till I was in my 40's, so there hasn't been any part of my learning that's come easy. In fact it's been one of the hardest things I've ever done. Think I've made about every mistake in the books.. My trainer always called me dammit...or maybe she said that so many times, that I just thought that was my name...
This week is the cutting show at the American Royal. BF is not going to compete, but many of his friends are so I'll be spending quite a bit of time there. This coming Saturday night are the finals...some of the best horses in the nation will be there and so will I...

2 comments:

MyShilohRanch said...

Awesome, lucky you Turquoise Moon! Horse shows are such fun, esp when your BF is showing.

SM Cindy is a doll ... awww, what a soft, kind, intelligent eye. She is young, yes? How old?

Love to watch cutting, looks so fun to do. My older stallion has a natural talent. Had he the chance, he would have probably been a good cutter or reiner.

If you happen to run into Keith Brown at the cutting, tell him that Coy's friend Sue Emory says "hey." Keith has an awesome ministry and travels cuttin' horse circuits. I'm pretty sure he still competes as well.

There are a couple of videos of him here: http://www.cowboycrusadeministries.org/video.html

Have fun at the show! I know you will! :D

Stark Raving Zen said...

What a sweet horse, Cindy is! I can almost smell her from your post. LOVE the smell of horseys. Nothing better, except that of my own doggies. Thanks for sharing this with us. :)