Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Photography

The Photography of elk in Moraine Park, RMNP.
What is it that we love so much about photography?????????????
Capturing the moment?
Nature?
Beauty?
Memories?
Art?
The now?
I did a search on photography (just in blogger) and was amazed at how many people had listed photography as an interest. I then went on to look at pictures some of these people had taken, and...OMG, there are so many wonderful ones! beautiful ones! I'd like to "follow" all of them... &&& where are these people hiding? where is their art hiding? why is art only in designated areas? Seems like it should be everywhere, to be seen, loved, discussed, appreciated... It must be important to us because we've listed it as an interest..? Makes me wonder...if art was posted everywhere, instead of advertising, news, crime, war, etc... what kind of an impact would it have on the world??? Maybe..we'd start seeing the beauty that is everywhere, maybe we'd start seeing how we are all connected... Maybe our "focus" would be changed...

4 comments:

Jack Matthews said...

I take pictures for the record: family, grandchildren, snow, no snow, growth of horses. But, also, I take photos for a political effect: snow melting off of Kilimanjaro, stock pond drying up, etc. And, also, for art: animals, sunsets, flowers.

turquoisemoon said...

I do the family fotos too! luv them... I also take pics of BF's cattle, he likes to compare year to year. Cattle like to pose. They are really funny! Fotos are also good to record "change". ...anyway, I guess we just love to have the pictures. Thanks for your comment and nice visiting in cyberland.

Jack Matthews said...

We have good visits, you and I, and on other blogs, I see. I noticed that you had begun to follow my political blog-Mustang Latigo. I have not been there in a week to post. I hope you continue to follow because it presents a side of me that is not on The 27th Heart. I am going to follow your other blogs, not only in reciprocity, but also because I am interested in your postings. Thanks also for putting some blogs you follow on your site because I have picked them up. Later....

turquoisemoon said...

Only been blogging a short time & love it. I'm getting to know so many wonderful people...with amazing talent, doing amazing things. People with stories, dreams, opinions. I read their blogs and learn and share...