Monday, October 5, 2009

Weather Prediction

Snowed in Jackson this morning...
Wouldn't it be fun to be in Jackson, wrapped in an afghan, cup of coffee and a good book? Nothing to do till breakfast. Then go sightseeing, shopping at the fun shops, a bit of fudge... Ok, enough dreaming...
The weather has been different this year. Mild and on the cooler side. Sure makes you wonder what this winter will be like. I hear this "wondering" all the time... Why do we want to predict what the weather this winter will be like? The weather today, here in the Kansas City area, is beautiful. Mums are planted (red) around the front door and my halloween decor is up. My house is very southwest...needless to say, I have my girls out...los dios de los muertos girls!!! ooohh spooky!!!

3 comments:

Jack Matthews said...

I do wonder what the winter will be like, too. You get colder weather up there. We haven't had a frost yet. Good rains, though. And, love the cold. Haven't tired of it yet when up in the mountains. We've never been to Jackson Hole, but on the list to do.

turquoisemoon said...

It's a must!!! Then travel on up to Yellowstone and Cody. I could spend days at the Buffalo Bill Museum in Cody.. Also, there's a Mountain Man Museum between Yellowstone & Jackson. Great Fun!!!! luv it!!!

Jack Matthews said...

I like your comment about the snow and reading a book in the morning. My daughter had (past tense) a home in Santa Fe and we could go up and stay for free. I developed a habit of reading in the mornings before lunch or mid-morning. I would read and then get up and go look out at the snow and conifers and mountains, drink coffee, and then go back to read. Your post about snow in Jackson is a very good piece, and the photo urges a return to the West. Yes? Thanks.