Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Fall River

Ahhh.... It snowed in EP last night & look how beautiful the Fall River is...
EP is my getaway... I should have moved there when I had my chance. But...no, ...I stayed in the KC area, to be around family and friends. EP is a vacation from reality for me. Real life doesn't happen there. I eat fudge, shop, look at art, try on fun clothes, hike, watch the elk, camp... There are no worries nor frustrations in EP. No work nor bosses. No cleaning, mowing, painting, or laundry.
I should be glad that I didn't move there... I can go there anytime for peace, solitude, quiet, relaxation...
They had a fire in EP last week. My fudge shop is fine... The thought of no more pralines would have crushed me and my dream...LOL!
Does my dream of EP bring me sadness or joy? Probably both...

7 comments:

Jack Matthews said...

Good blog...will be following closely...like your nature items. I'm about ready to retire also....Must run now, but have optioned to follow. Check on my blog and website www.flyinghatranch.net and blog at the27thheart.blogspot.com

Jack

Jack Matthews said...

Estes Park, truly high country, high sierras. Yes, know what you mean--should have moved there. My move, I didn't do, was Taos, in the early 1970s. Had a chance to do it, passed it up. But, like you say, I can go there and get peace. Later.

turquoisemoon said...

I do love Taos, too..!! Go there often. I love the Chimayo area & taking the high road on up to Taos. The "feel" in that area is what I love. It's so different from the KC area. The colors, the art, the food... Did I say food? Yummm..made chili tonight & used some roasted hatch chilies that I have frozen. I bought up a bunch, and froze them...but probably not enought to last till next chili season. They make all the difference in the world...

Jack Matthews said...

Sorry, Turquoisemoon, but I registered TWICE on your blog. Didn't intend to do so, but entered the wrong email address. (FYI, I have two blogs, one an edgy political thing, the other the 27th Heart by which you know me.) I can back out of the second account and leave matthewsranch. On the Taos rabbit hunt changes, see coffeeonthemesa blog. I'll see if I can copy it to you. Coffeeonthemesa is written by a Taos woman. She and her husband moved up to Taos several years ago and have seen changes--some of them not so good. Wished I could have some of that good hatch chile.

Jack Matthews said...

Got the registration figured out.

Jack Matthews said...

Om, mani padme, om.

I remember that old chant, takes me back to the 1960s, 1970s. And, now, you bring it up again, Turquoisemoon. (Hope I got the spelling right.)

turquoisemoon said...

Close..Om, Mani, Padme, hum... LOL!