Saturday, October 10, 2009

Mound City Craft Festival

These pics are some of the sights on the way to Mound City Craft Festival. Mound City is located about 60 miles south of Overland Park, Ks. at the Linn County Fair Grounds. It's always held on the 2nd full weekend in October. My girlfriend & I always leave around 6:30am so we can park near the festival and not have to take a shuttle. This makes trips to the car, with our booty, easier. Today I bought some of the cutest Halloween decorations. Witches boots, a tin pumpkin, a pumpkin head spooky (with flickering light) v er y sca rey....
Our annual visit always ends with a walking taco.. yummmy!

The drive down there is beautiful. This morning was foggy and cold. Farmland...! Nature......!
This is usually the start of my holiday shopping...it gets me in the mood. I love buying from the artisans/crafters. It was so cold this morning and these people were set up and smiling and had their best "stuff" on display. How they can make the swine barn look warm & fuzzy is amazing...

No comments: